Mongolian Ground Beef. Mongolian beef is a classic Chinese takeout dish that typically consists of of thinly sliced strips of beef in a tasty sauce served over rice. This is quick and easy take on the dish replacing the strips of beef with ground beef and otherwise it is pretty much the same. Ground beef is commonly on sale and since you don't need to do anything to prepare it, this recipe as easy as throwing it in a pan to cook while you get the sauce ready.
Finely chop the garlic cloves, cut spring onions and chilli into thin slices, cut onion into small dices. Heat the pan to medium high heat , drizzle two tablespoon of oil and add. How To Make Easy Mongolian Ground Beef Recipe: Start by browning some hamburger along with garlic and ginger in a skillet. You can cook Mongolian Ground Beef using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mongolian Ground Beef
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef.
- Prepare 6 of green onions, sliced.
- It’s 4 T. of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 T. of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 1 T. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of Sriracha hot sauce (more if you want it spicy).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of ginger powder.
- You need 1 T. of cornstarch.
- It’s 2/3 c. of beef broth.
- You need 2 tsp. of toasted sesame oil.
- You need of Toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional).
Combine some soy sauce, brown sugar and hoisin sauce in a small dish and add to the ground beef and heat through. Stir in a mixture of cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce.. Instructions Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Brown the meat really deeply with sesame oil.
Mongolian Ground Beef instructions
- Prep the sauce by whisking together everything except the ground beef, green onions, sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Set the sauce aside..
- If you're going to garnish with sesame seeds, toast them now. Over medium heat, in the large skillet you're going to cook the recipe in, toast a single layer of seeds. Keep a constant eye on them, tossing to evenly brown. They can burn easily and quickly, so don't leave unattended. They "pretty up" the dish, but don't really add to the flavor, so don't fret if you want to leave them out..
- In your large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. Drain excess fat. Add the sauce mixture and cook another minute or two while stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in toasted sesame oil and green onions..
- Serve over jasmine rice garnished with toasted sesame seeds, if desired..
Once browned, drain most of the fat, then add the garlic and ginger. Add the mirin, rice vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Cook until the liquid has reabsorbed and. Ground Mongolian Beef is a budget friendly twist on the classic delivery dish. All the great taste in a cheap and easy dinner you can have ready in minutes!