Chewy Naan with Homemade Yeast. Mix dry and wet ingredients – In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt), then add the foamy yeast, butter / ghee, and the milk + eggs; Mix – Start by mixing with a firm rubber spatula or a wooden spoon to bring the dough together. We use spoons for no reason other than saving a sticky mess on your hands! Great recipe for Chewy Naan with Homemade Yeast.
There's no need for them to rise much, so you can make them with a small amount. Naan is leavened with either yeast or a combination of baking soda and baking powder. I have a no-yeast naan recipe if you either can't find yeast or simply want to make naan without it. You can cook Chewy Naan with Homemade Yeast using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chewy Naan with Homemade Yeast
- You need of Cake flour.
- You need of Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s of Homemade natural yeast starter.
- You need of Natural salt.
- It’s of Honey.
- Prepare of to 90 grams Water.
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
- You need of to 2 tablespoons Plain yogurt.
- Prepare of Unsalted butter.
Traditionally made in a tandoor oven, naan can be made in your kitchen, either on the stovetop or in your oven on a pizza stone. Here is how you can achieve it. In a large bowl, stir together the water, yeast and sugar. Add the flour, salt, half of the butter and yoghurt.
Chewy Naan with Homemade Yeast step by step
- Combine the flour, salt, honey and starter dough in a bowl, and lightly mix..
- Add water, briskly knead together into an even dough, add the olive oil and yogurt, then knead again..
- After kneading for about 10 minutes (it should become as firm as your earlobe), form a ball, then wrap in plastic to prevent drying and allow it to rise for a first proving..
- It should rise to about 2 to 3 times its original size..
- Punch down the dough, divide into 6 portions, then form into balls..
- Let sit for 20 minutes, stretch into flat teardrop shapes, and bake both sides in a frying pan with butter until golden brown..
- If baking in an oven, preheat to the highest heat, then bake for about 8 to 10 minutes (while checking on them from time to time.).
- Serve with curry!.
Meanwhile, whisk the flour and salt together in a large bowl and create a well in the center. Whisk in the warm milk and plain yogurt into the yeast mixture until well-combined. Pour into the well in the dry ingredients. Then add flour, garlic,salt, oil and yogurt. Knead the dough very well until soft & elastic, add more milk as required.