Lomi (Filipino chicken egg noodle soup). Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Check Out our Selection & Order Now.
Compared to traditional chicken soup, the broth for this particular soup version is thicker. Raw egg is added to the broth making it almost similar in texture to egg drop soup. What makes the soup even thicker is the mixture of water and cornstarch, which is added towards the end of the. You can have Lomi (Filipino chicken egg noodle soup) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lomi (Filipino chicken egg noodle soup)
- Prepare 250 g of fresh miki or thick egg noodles.
- You need 1 of chicken breast, sliced into bite-size pieces.
- You need 4-5 pieces of chicken liver, pre-boiled and sliced into half.
- You need 3-4 pieces of ngo hiang or que-kiam/kikiam, fried and sliced into half.
- It’s 4-5 of pieced squid ball, fried and sliced into half.
- You need 1 of carrot, julienned.
- Prepare 1 cup of cabbage, shredded.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2-3 cloves of garlic, diced.
- You need 1 of chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1.5 liter of water.
- It’s 1 of egg, slightly beaten.
- You need of Corn starch for slurry.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Lomi (Filipino chicken egg noodle soup): In a pot, saute garlic and onion. Once onion have soften, add the chicken breast. Lomi is a Filipino egg noodle soup with a thicker soup base. Lomi is a Filipino noodle dish similar to chicken noodle and egg drop soup.
Lomi (Filipino chicken egg noodle soup) step by step
- In a pot, saute garlic and onion. Once onion have soften, add the chicken breast. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until chicken have browned. Season with salt..
- Add the chicken liver and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add the fresh miki noodles, water and chicken bouillon. Season with pepper. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes over low fire..
- Add the carrots, cabbage, squid balls and kikiam. Simmer for another 5 minutes..
- Season with salt and pepper accordingly. Add the egg while continuously stirring. One evenly distributed, add slurry and stir continuously to thicken the soup..
- Serve hot with boiled egg..
It has a thick and creamy broth along with meat and vegetables. Lomi contains simple ingredients so it's easy to prepare and it takes less than an hour to make. If you want to relax with a warm and delicious meal after a long day, lomi is the perfect dish for you to try! Chicken Lomi Recipe or simply Lomi, is a. Lomi (Filipino chicken egg noodle soup) is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world.