Pizza Sauce (revised). Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat, then add the onion along with a generous pinch of salt. Add the garlic and fry for a further min. Tip in the tomatoes and purée along with the bay, oregano and sugar.
Spread onto pizza dough, add your favourite toppings and bake. This pizza sauce is made with passata and requires no cooking before topping your pizza. Adjust the seasonings to taste – you can use dried Italian herbs, fresh basil, red chilli flakes or extra garlic. You can have Pizza Sauce (revised) using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pizza Sauce (revised)
- You need 371 g of water-You DO have a gram scale, don't you? :).
- Prepare 335 of g, (12 oz) can Tomato Paste.
- You need 2 tsp of Freeze Dried Basil (2/3 tsp dried).
- It’s 2 tsp of Freeze Dried Oregano (2/3 tsp dried).
- You need 1/4 tsp of Fennel seed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried crushed Rosemary.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of White Sugar.
New York Pizza Sauce: Heat oil in a heavy-based, medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sautee until onions are soft but not coloured. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and sugar. Best Pizza Sauce Recipe Pour the can of tomatoes into a bowl.
Pizza Sauce (revised) instructions
- Measure out all ingredients..
- Mix well and pour into 4 containers, about 172g each. I used fresh oyster containers..
- Put into the freezer and thaw for several hours before using..
If it is pomodorini or whole tomatoes, crush them with your hands, or you can. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Taste for salt and add if needed. That's it, the sauce is ready to use! Simmer a blend of tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, basil, sugar, and minced onion for a yummy sauce for pizza.