Egg Drop Soup. HERE'S WHAT I DO FOR MY RESTAURANT STYLE EGG DROP SOUP. Let steep a few minutes to flavor broth. But again, it does say optional.
Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Combine water and cornstarch; stir into boiling broth. Stir a small amount of hot broth into slightly beaten egg. You can cook Egg Drop Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg Drop Soup
- You need 4 cups of good-quality chicken or vegetable stock.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil.
- It’s 3 of green onions, thinly sliced, plus extra for garnish.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of whole-kernel corn or creamed corn.
- You need to taste of fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper.
Add egg mixture into hot broth slowly, stirring all the time. Cook until clear and slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Egg drop soup, or egg flower soup, is a really basic boiled chicken broth soup, and in its simplest form, the only ingredients needed are the broth itself, eggs, and spring onions. Other ingredients are added to taste—like tofu, corn, or bean sprouts—and each cook has a take on the classic.
Egg Drop Soup instructions
- Whisk together stock (chilled or room-temperature), cornstarch, ginger & garlic powder in a medium sauce pan until smooth. Heat over high heat until the stock comes to a simmer, stirring occasionally..
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and egg whites in a small measuring cup or bowl..
- Once the broth reaches a simmer, use a fork or a whisk to stir the broth in a circular motion, creating a “whirlpool.” Then slowly pour the whisked eggs into the soup as you continue stirring, in order to create long egg ribbons..
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in the sesame oil, green onions and corn (optional) until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste, also adding a dash or two of more sesame oil if needed..
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional green onions..
In a large pot over medium heat, bring broth and ginger to boil. Whisk soy sauce and cornstarch together then whisk into broth. Whisk wine-cornstarch mixture into soup until combined. With the soup on a low simmer, stir once with a spoon to make a slight current. Pour in the egg-cornstarch mixture, through the tines of a.