Enchilada Sauce. Directions Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the chili powder, cumin, cayenne, bouillon cube and some. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in flour and chili powder, reduce heat to medium, and cook until lightly brown, stirring constantly to prevent burning flour. Gradually stir in tomato sauce, water, cumin, garlic powder, and onion salt into the flour and chili powder until smooth, and continue. You can cook Enchilada Sauce using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Enchilada Sauce
- Prepare of First three ingredients.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- You need of Gradually stir in.
- Prepare of tomato sauce.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Prepare of onion salt.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- You need of salt.
Stir oregano, cumin, garlic powder, and onion salt into the liquid. In a medium saucepan heat oil, add flour, smoothing and stirring with a wooden spoon. Add stock, tomato paste, oregano, and cumin. Add onion, oregano, chili powder, basil, ground black pepper, salt, cumin, parsley, salsa and tomato sauce.
Enchilada Sauce instructions
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in flour and chili powder. Reduce heat to medium and cook until lightly browned, stirring constantly to prevent flour from burning..
- Gradually stir in tomato sauce, water, cumin, garlic powder, and onion salt. Stir until smooth. Continue cooking over medium heat, approximately ten minutes, or until slightly thickened. Season with salt to taste..
Mix together and then stir in the water. Use in place of canned enchilada sauce. The Best Enchilada Sauce Four reasons to love this recipe: This sauce is full of authentic Mexican flavor. It comes from a combination of dried spices, which are sautéed in oil to bring out their best, and umami-rich tomato paste. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil.