Pork (or Chicken) and Spanish Cauli-"Rice". Add the cauli-rice & tomatoes into the pot and stir to mix it evenly into the meat mixture. Cover the casserole pan or Dutch oven with a tight fitting lid. Pork (or Chicken) and Spanish Cauli-"Rice" Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today.
For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. The ultimate guide to making cauliflower rice step-by-step. You can cook Pork (or Chicken) and Spanish Cauli-"Rice" using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork (or Chicken) and Spanish Cauli-"Rice"
- You need 1 lb of cauliflower, riced by hand or in processor.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil + 2 Tbsp rendered chicken fat (or 1/4 cup olive oil).
- It’s 3 oz of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 oz of green bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 12 oz of pork (or chicken), cubed.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of oregano.
- You need 5 of threads saffron.
- It’s 1 can of tomatoes, drained & chopped (or 3 fresh Roma's).
- It’s 1 dash of chili powder.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of cilantro, chopped (optional).
- You need 1 of Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded.
Construct the meat/veggie mixture, stir in the cauli-rice and lay the chicken pieces on the surface evenly. The "rice" (even when I made it with real rice) is very soft in this method of preparation. Just so you know what to expect. Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice.
Pork (or Chicken) and Spanish Cauli-"Rice" step by step
- Dry roast the cumin in a dry skillet over medium heat until it smells toasty but is not burned. Remove and set aside..
- Rice the cauliflower either with a hand box grater or in a food processor. Set aside for now..
- Preheat oven to 350º..
- In a large skillet or dutch oven heat the oil and chicken fat. Add the meat and slightly brown it on the surfaces..
- Add the onion and bell pepper. Saute to partially tenderize..
- Add garlic, roasted cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder and saffron threads. Add the cilantro last, if using. Stir well..
- Turn off heat. Add the cauli-rice & tomatoes into the pot and stir to mix it evenly into the meat mixture..
- Cover the casserole pan or Dutch oven with a tight fitting lid..
- Pop into 350º oven for 30-35 minutes and allow flavors to blend..
- Remove and sprinkle with Monterrey Jack cheese and return to oven without lid for 5-10 more minutes to allow cheese to melt and become bubbly..
- Pairs nicely with a lovely guacamole salad..
- Note: you can sub regular rice for the cauliflower if you have a diehard cauli-hater, but this is the dish to win them over with! :-).
In batches, pulse cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice (do not overprocess). Toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in pork and rice.