Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Right before serving, shred the chicken and enjoy! Cook onion, garlic, and jalapeno (or green chiles) in olive oil until they are softened and add to the Crock Pot. Chop soup up to bite sizes (bell pepper, onion), add all soup to crockpot.
Remove the chicken to a plate or bowl and shred with two forks. Instructions Cook onion, garlic and jalapeño in olive oil. Add to the bottom of a slow cooker. You can have Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup
- Prepare of Soup Base.
- You need 12 cups of stock/broth (i used my Turkey stock recipe).
- It’s 2 lbs of tomatoes.
- You need of Seasonings.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger, soul food seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, ground sage, taco seasoning, ceviche.
- Prepare of seasoning.
- You need 1/8 tsp of all spice.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper, mrs dash, tortilla seasoning, salt,.
- You need of baking soda.
- You need 4 sprigs of fresh time, destemmed.
- It’s of Soup.
- It’s 1 bag of frozen corn.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Frozen black beans, optional.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of coarsely chopped fresh parsley, cilantro.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper.
- It’s 1 lb of Meat (chicken or turkey).
- You need of Garnish.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- You need of Lime juice.
- Prepare of Tortilla chips, crumbled.
Shred chicken and add back to the pot. Add the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste, chipotle, and black beans. Taste and add more salt if the soup needs it. Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mexican Soup.
Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup step by step
- Puree whole tomatoes.
- Add soup base to crockpot.
- Chop soup up to bite sizes (bell pepper, onion), add all soup to crockpot.
- Fry ground meat.
- Add seasonings to crockpot, stir.
- Cook on high 3 to 4 hours or on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with garnish.
Add broth, tomatoes, corn, enchilada sauce, onions, green chiles, cumin and chili powder to slow cooker; stir to combine. Add chicken to skillet; sprinkle with pepper. Place shredded chicken and all other ingredients together in crockpot. To make fresh tortilla strips, slice corn tortillas into thin strips. Place on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.