Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ"). Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Find Korean Bulgogi now! "FIRE MEAT" No seriously, Bulgogi comes from the Korean word bul-gogi (불고기), bul means fire and gogi means meat.
Instructions Blend the marinade ingredients in a mixer or food processor until smooth. Place the thinly sliced meat in a mixing bowl and pour the marinade over it. Mix them well together while gently. You can have Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ") using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ")
- You need 2 pounds of beef (ribeye or skirt steak work well), very thinly sliced. I don't recommend super lean cuts for this preparation.
- Prepare 1 of whole green onion (white and green parts) chopped.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of finely minced garlic (about 3 cloves).
- You need 1/4 of of a sweet apple, finely grated (you can use 3 Tablespoons apple sauce in a pinch) to tenderize and sweeten.
- You need 3-4 Tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of toasted sesame oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of regular soy sauce.
Preheat a skillet / bbq grill on medium high heat until well heated. This bulgogi recipe that's even better than restaurant taste. Making a good marinade is essential for making. Bulgogi (불고기), also known as Korean BBQ beef, is marinated thinly sliced beef, typically cooked over an open flame. "Bul" means fire in Korean, and "gogi" is a general term for meat.
Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ") instructions
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl and ideally allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking. For me, the best way to get all the meat evenly seasoned is to get in there with your hands and mix and massage to distribute all the seasonings thoroughly and evenly..
- PAN FRY OR SAUTE METHOD: Cook the meat in four separate batches on an oil (about 1.5 teaspoons per batch) pan preheated to medium high, for 2.5 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure all pieces are cooked. If you, like I, love onions, you can saute some 1/4-inch thick pieces of sliced onions with each batch..
- OVEN METHOD: Preheat the oven to 425F. Mix an additional 1.5 to 2 Tablespoons oil in with the meat and spread the meat evenly in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet pan or broiler pan. Place the pan about 4 inches under the heat element and cook for 15 minutes..
- GRILL METHOD: You'll need a grill basket or screen to keep the meat from falling through the slats. Spread the meat in a single layer and cook over medium high heat (and at least 5 inches above the goals or gas element) until the meat is cooked. 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the cut and grill heat..
- Enjoy! :).
While it can be made with other meats such as chicken What Is Bulgogi? In Korean "bul" means fire and "gogi" means meat. So bulgogi literally means fire meat. It's thinly sliced meat that then you marinate. And then you grill it on a barbecue or on the stove.