Egg Noodles. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Put the mushrooms, broccoli and peas in a bowl with the egg. Add the noodles with some of the water still clinging to them, then drain the pan. Tip everything from the bowl back into the pan and stir to heat through.
Egg noodles are a type of pasta that contains more eggs than traditional pasta. This higher concentration of egg gives egg noodles a slightly richer flavor and brighter yellow color than other pasta. Despite the higher egg content, egg noodles are essentially equal in terms of calories and nutritional value when compared to traditional pasta. You can have Egg Noodles using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg Noodles
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of Noodles (I used Fit and Active 100% wheat).
- It’s of eggs.
- It’s of green chillies chopped.
- It’s of garlic finely chopped.
- You need of red onion cubed.
- Prepare of bell pepper cubed.
- Prepare of florets Broccoli.
- It’s of Cabbage.
- You need of vinegar.
- It’s of scallions chopped.
To serve, spoon the noodles into a bowl and garnish. Egg noodles are often made with standard wheat flour. Semolina flour is popularly used for pasta because it creates a rougher texture that grabs sauce better. While pasta comes in a variety of shapes, egg noodles are typically flat and wide.
Egg Noodles step by step
- Boil sufficient amount of water with pinch of salt and 1 tsp of olive oil to prevent them from sticking. Add noodles (i used Fit & active 100% wheat) and cook till soft..
- Drain off and rinse them thoroughly under running cold water to remove unwanted starch..
- Pour the eggs to the pan, lightly scramble them. Cook till soft cooked. Keep it aside..
- Add oil to a wok or pan, when the oil turns hot, put on the flame to high. Add green chilies, garlic. When they begin to sizzle, add red onions, bell pepper, broccoli, cabbage or whatever veggies you are using. Fry till they turn slightly soft yet crunchy..
- Add 2 3 drops of vinegar. Add the noodles and sprinkle more pepper and salt..
- Toss well. Increase the flame to the highest and fry for about one to two minutes. If you have chopped spring onions you can use them for garnishing. Note:I have used red chilli powder to make them more spicy.
The exception is Asian egg noodles, which are typically thin and round, similar to spaghetti. Medium Egg Noodles are made following a traditional Chinese recipe. They are dried in individual portions to make it easy for you to cook. Flash fry some egg noodles for an Asian-style dish, or experiment with buckwheat, rice or soba noodles. Fiber is essential to digestive health, maintaining a healthy weight and has even been shown to help prevent certain types of cancer.