Chicken Enchiladas (white sauce). Chicken World – Order directly online or download our app and save your time! Order directly online or download our app. Your favourite Chicken restaurants available on Deliveroo.
Roll up and place, seam-side down, in the prepared baking dish. DIRECTIONS In medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, add chicken stock, heat and stir until thickened and bubbly. You can have Chicken Enchiladas (white sauce) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Enchiladas (white sauce)
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- It’s 5 of Green Onions, diced up.
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 Lbs of Chicken Breast, boneless skinless, Diced.
- You need 4 Oz of Cream Cheese, cut in chunks.
- It’s 24 Oz of Salsa Verde.
- It’s 8 of Burrito Size Tortilla Shells.
- You need 2 C of Mozzarella, Shredded.
Add sour cream, green chilies and cayenne. Place tortillas on a large towel or stack of paper towels to drain. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan. Add broth and whisk until smooth.
Chicken Enchiladas (white sauce) instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic to oil. Heat until softened and oil is infused with flavor..
- Toss diced chicken into skillet. Heat until cooked..
- Stir in cubed cream cheese and salsa. Simmer until sauce is smooth and well blended..
- In a 9 X 13 cake pan spoon some sauce into the bottom of the pan..
- Place one tortilla shell at the edge of the cake pan, spoon chicken and sauce into tortilla (Doesn't need to be stuffed full), roll, and push too the edge of the pan. Repeat until shells are used. Pour remaining sauce over stuffed tortillas.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes..
- Turn oven off. Remove pan from oven, sprinkle with cheese, return to oven until cheese is fully melted..
- Separate individual enchiladas and serve. They can be served alone or with sides. A bed of lettuce, corn chips, beans, rice, vegetables, or whatever you would like..
Start by making the enchilada sauce. This chicken enchiladas with white sauce recipe is so saucy and flavorful. You won't believe how simple and delicious it is. These enchiladas are loaded with chicken, corn, green chilies, cilantro, and lots of cheese. And of course, they are covered with a simple yet delicious homemade sauce.