Salsa chicken enchiladas my way. Instructions In a large skillet, heat oil and add onion. Add pre-cooked chicken, Pace Picante salsa, cream cheese, ground cumin, and mix until heated through. Once heated through, remove from heat and add in ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese.
So I thought what if you put taco flavored chicken in it? Tried that as a dip, too! yum! So I'd never made enchiladas before, but I knew I liked that so, that is where this recipe came from! You can cook Salsa chicken enchiladas my way using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salsa chicken enchiladas my way
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 block of cream cheese softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mild salsa.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red enchilada sauce.
- It’s 1 (4 oz) of can diced green chiles.
- It’s 4 cups of taco cheese blend.
- You need 1 pack of McCormick fajita seasoning mix.
- You need of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- You need of Vegetable or olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 11/2 cups of mild verda salsa.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of green enchilada sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of black beans rinsed and drained (optional).
- It’s 14 of mission flour tortillas soft taco size.
- You need of Dried Cilantro.
- It’s of Extra Sour cream or salsa for topping.
In small saucepan over medium heat, heat cream cheese and salsa until just melted, stirring often. In a big mixing bowl, add in your shredded chicken, a nice pinch of salt and pepper, your sour cream, salsa, corn, cilantro, chili powder, shredded cheddar, and green onions (reserving some for garnish). Take each tortilla and spread filling down the center. Wrap up and place seam side down in your prepared baking dish.
Salsa chicken enchiladas my way instructions
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat chicken in a little oil and coat in fajita seasoning, little salt, pepper and garlic powder and bake or air fry till done and dice up.
- Heat and lightly brown each tortilla in a dry hot skillet for 10 to 15 seconds on each side and stack and wrap up in foil.
- Spray two 13×9 inch baking dishes with cooking oil and add 1/2 cup salsa verda to the bottom of eash dish.
- Mix 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup salsa, 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce, 1/2 block cream cheese and green chiles..
- Mix in chicken and 1 cup of cheese. At this time if you want add in black beans and corn.
- Fill tortillas with filling about 1/3 cup filling and roll up and.
- Place seem side down and mix 1/2 cup of salsa verda and 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce and pour on top and spread out and sprinkle on 1 1/2 cups of cheese on each dish lightly sprinkle on cilantro.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and a little salsa if wanted and enjoy !.
Stir in the chicken, beans and chiles. Instructions For the enchilada sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, garlic powder,. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. These green chicken enchiladas with salsa verde, chicken, sour cream, cheese and cilantro are simple to make. Salsa verde is a green tomatillo salsa made with garlic, onion and peppers.