Mongolian Beef for Two. Instructions Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Add the sliced green onions to the slow cooker. Place the sliced beef in the crockpot and stir until well coated with the sauce.
Sometimes it's just the Hubbalicious and me, which is why I have these occasional recipes for two. This recipe is easily doubled, but you'll still want to stir fry in smaller batches to get the best result (as is generally the case for stir-frying on a. Remove it from the heat and set aside. You can have Mongolian Beef for Two using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mongolian Beef for Two
- You need 1 pound of skirt steak, sliced into roughly 1/4" thick pieces on an angle.
- You need 2 teaspoons of corn starch.
- It’s 1.5 Tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1-2 Tablespoons of sugar, depending on how sweet you like things.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of chili garlic paste (sriracha works in a pinch).
- You need 1/2 Tablespoon of vinegar.
- It’s of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of a medium onion, sliced into 1/4" thick slices.
- It’s 2 of green onions, cut into 1.5" segments.
- Prepare of If you're going to have this with rice & need to make a fresh batch, best to get the rice going before the beef.
Heat up one cup of oil in a wok until its hot but not smoking. Add the beef to the oil and saute for just two minutes, or until the beef just begins to darken on the edges. Stir the meat around a little so that it cooks evenly. Place the beef on some kitchen paper and dry it off.
Mongolian Beef for Two step by step
- In a medium to large bowl, mix the beef, corn starch, oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, chili garlic paste, and vinegar together, making sure to thoroughly and evenly distribute the seasonings throughout the meat. (I prefer clean hands for this purpose.) Let it sit for at least 10-15 and up to 30 minutes to soak up the flavor and velvet just a bit..
- In a wok or large saute pan, bring 1/2 Tablespoon of oil to high heat and quickly stir fry the onions and green onions just until the onions start to turn translucent. Set aside on a plate..
- Keeping the heat high, stir fry the meat in two equal batches for 3 minutes or so (until the meat is done) with 1/2 Tablespoon oil per batch. You can set aside the first batch on the plate with the veg while you stir fry the second..
- When all the meat is cooked, put it all back in your wok or pan, and add the onions..
- Give everything a few quick tosses or folds to make sure all the components get seasoned..
- Enjoy over steamed rice. :).
In a good nonstick pan, place a little oil over a medium heat to gently cook the garlic and ginger until coloured – be careful not to burn them. Use the right cut of beef. Mongolian beef is prepared with a quick stir-frying process. Marinate the beef for better flavor. None of the ingredients or cooking methods were from traditional Mongolian cuisine.