Pork Tamales. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Fill Your Cart With Color today!
Add the garlic, salt and pepper. Add cold water to cover the pork. On high heat, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and let it simmer. You can cook Pork Tamales using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork Tamales
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seed.
- You need 1/4 cup of chili powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 5 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 medium of onion.
- Prepare 4 cup of masa dough.
- You need 2 cup of lard.
- It’s 30 bunch of corn husks.
- Prepare 1 packages of string.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of pork ribs.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 26 oz of swanson chicken stock.
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Traditional Tamales (Pork) Recipe by Karen From Colorado. This tamale recipe is about as traditional as you can get, although I use a roast instead of the whole pig head that many Mexican women use. I have also used beef, but they just do not taste quite the same.
Pork Tamales step by step
- Preheat oven to 325..
- Roast cumin seed in a small pan over low heat..stirring for a minute and a half..
- Crush cumin seed and add to a bowl and add the other top seven ingredients..
- Split ingredients in half and save one half for dough..
- Rub pork ribs with half of the half split portion and save other split half for cooking meat in pan later..
- Place ribs on a rack in a pan with at least an inch of gap under rack.pour 2 sodas or 2 beers in pan and cover tightly with foil.cook for three hours lowering the heat 50 degrees every hour starting at 325..
- Place corn husks in hot water to soften for 30 minutes covered..
- 30 minutes before ribs are done mix chicken stock with masa,then lard with mixer and half of saved ingredients …cover bowl so mixture doesnt get dry..
- When ribs are done…slide bones out and rid any smaller ones and shred with two forks.
- Chop onion finely as well as garlic and cook for two minutes in oil over medium heat and add meat.cook for 8 to ten minutes stirring so as not to burn..
- Cut 30…8 inch lengths of string..
- A steamer pot is ideal…and only way i have cooked tamales..
- Place corn husk on paper towel to dry and place a thin coat of masa on husk add a little meat and roll snuggly trying to keep husk on outside of masa…fold up bottom and tie…leaving top open..
- Roll all tamales and place in pot (with water to steam holes) standing with open end up..
- Steam for one hour and ten minutes….your done..
These take about all day to make and are a lot of work, but they are so worth the time and the effort. Cut into chunks and place in a large saucepan. Add water, onion, garlic, bay leaf, salt, peppercorns and chile pepper. Pork Tamales For authentically delicious tamales, braise seasoned pork in the slow-cooker on day one, then steam it in traditional corn husks the next! Add the pork, onion, garlic, bay leaves, water and salt to a large stock pot and bring to a boil.