Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siew). Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Origins of Char Siu Char siu originally comes from Cantonese cuisine, and the word chā sīu 叉烧 literally means "fork roasted", which is a nod to the traditional cooking method of skewering seasoned pork with long forks, and placing them in an oven or over a fire.
Char siu (or slightly different spelling, cha siu) is its Cantonese name, but in Mandarin, it is known as cha shao. To make char siu, pork is marinated in a sweet BBQ sauce and then roasted. BBQ pork belly char siu is the epitome of Cantonese BBQ. You can have Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siew) using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siew)
- Prepare 100 grams of pork strip.
- You need 1 dash of meat tenderizer.
- It’s 1 cup of sauce pls refer to APP RECIPE ON (SAUCE FOR PORK OR SPARE RIB).
They are always sliced into thin pieces and served with steamed white rice, with vegetable on the side. Sometimes spelled as char siew or char sui, the pork is always perfectly charred, juicy, tender, dripping in a sticky, sweet and savory sauce. A Classic Chinese Delicacy: Char Siew, Chinese Barbecue Pork 叉烧 "Char Siew " literally means "fork burn / roast" after the traditional cooking method for the dish. It is of Cantonese origin where pork meat is marinated and then roasted in the oven to a charred and sticky sweet perfection.
Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siew) instructions
- For the diy sauce for pork and spare ribs please view the attachment below.
- Marinate pork with meat tenderizer and sauce for pork for 20 minute.
- Bake the pork with half the sauce 180 C for 25 minute or longer depending on the thickness of pork.
- Turn pork and add balance sauce then bake for another 15 minute or longer depending on the thickness of pork.
- Remove pork then add 3tbsp of water on baking dish to dilute sauce bring it to a boil and then fully coat cooked pork with sauce.
- Below are few of my recipes using this chinese bbq,sauce (char siew sauce), i am glad to share with you https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334149-baked-soft-pork-rib-in-chinese-bbq-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/369030-chinese-brocoli-with-bbq-chinese-sauce-char-siew-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334649-salmon-in-chinese-bbq-sauce-char-siew-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/335386-baked-chicken-in-chinese-bbq-sauce-char-siew.
Char Siu Pork is also known as Chinese style BBQ pork is famous roasted pork dish. It is featured not only by the yummy taste but also the light red color. In Chinese Char Siu is 叉烧 meaning roasted pork on certain of fork. In traditional Cantonese restaurants, the pork is hooked during the roasting process, which guarantee the uniform heating from different sides. Position the meat as close as possible to the grill, and let it caramelise until it is lovely and golden brown.