White sauce enchiladas. DIRECTIONS In medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, add chicken stock, heat and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add sour cream, green chilies and cayenne.
Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas are made with flour tortillas, shredded chicken, mozzarella, green chiles and a delicious white cream sauce! EASY CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS One of my favorite Mexican meals (besides chimichangas) are enchiladas. Funny side note: did you know the word "chimichanga" is Spanish for thing-a-ma-jig? You can cook White sauce enchiladas using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of White sauce enchiladas
- It’s of chicken.
- Prepare of Cream of chicken (2 cans of 10.5 oz).
- Prepare of sour cream.
- You need of milk.
- You need of Green chilies (4.5 oz can).
- You need of Corn tortillas.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of Cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Colby jack.
- Prepare of Seasonings (I used minced garlic, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder, onion pieces, parsley).
This chicken enchiladas with white sauce recipe is so saucy and flavorful. You won't believe how simple and delicious it is. These enchiladas are loaded with chicken, corn, green chilies, cilantro, and lots of cheese. And of course, they are covered with a simple yet delicious homemade sauce.
White sauce enchiladas instructions
- Can boil chicken breasts and shred, about 4. (If using a rotisserie chicken, just debone and de-skin then shred).
- In a seperate bowl combine both cans of soup, milk, sour cream, and season..
- Add half of soup mixture into chicken, along with the green chili, seasonings, and add some of the cheeses..
- Heat corn tortillas in microwave, according to package. (Or in oil, my preferred way!).
- Begin to fill tortillas, and place into a baking dish. (If any leftover chicken mixture, add it back into the sauce mix).
- Spread the sauce mix a top the enchiladas, and top with cheeses..
- Place in oven on 350F for 35 minutes..
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and whisk constantly for one minute. Add the chicken broth and continue to whisk until smooth. Stir in the sour cream and remove from heat. White Chicken Enchiladas with Homemade White Sauce These white chicken enchiladas are filled with delicious shredded chicken and topped with a fantastic creamy white enchilada sauce.