Queso Fresco Enchiladas w/ Red Sauce & Chimichurri. In a large mixing bowl combine chihuahua cheese and crumble the queso fresco. Save a little chihuahua for topping the enchiladas. Heat up enchilada sauce in a small saucepot to a simmer.
If you're familiar with Mexican entomatadas or enfrijoladas, they're very similar except for the sauce. Enchiladas can be so varied in their fillings and sauces. Warm the enchilada sauce in a small saucepan over low heat. You can cook Queso Fresco Enchiladas w/ Red Sauce & Chimichurri using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Queso Fresco Enchiladas w/ Red Sauce & Chimichurri
- You need 12 oz of queso fresco.
- It’s 1 C of shredded chihuahua cheese.
- It’s 6 of flour tortillas.
- Prepare 10 oz of red enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 bundle of cilantro; stems roughly sliced off.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic; smashed.
- Prepare 1/3 C of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 2/3 C of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large pinch kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of crushed pepper flakes.
Combine cheeses, chilies, onions, and olives in large mixing bowl, tossing gently to thoroughly mix. Instructions On a cutting board, cut the queso quesadilla cheese blocks from the middle of the block and slice the blocks into small slices. Fill your flour torillas with the sliced queso quesadilla cheese slices. The Best Cheese Enchiladas With Queso Sauce Recipes on Yummly
Queso Fresco Enchiladas w/ Red Sauce & Chimichurri step by step
- Variations: Try serving with "Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce" (see my recipes).
- Combine cilantro, garlic, red wine vinegar, crushed pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse for 30 seconds..
- Drizzle the olive oil in slowly while the machine runs..
- Store extra chimichurri in the fridge for up to 3 days..
- In a large mixing bowl combine chihuahua cheese and crumble the queso fresco. Save a little chihuahua for topping the enchiladas..
- Heat up enchilada sauce in a small saucepot to a simmer..
- Dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce, fill with cheese mixture, and roll into a lightly greased casserole dish. (Use vegetable oil, cooking spray, or butter to grease pan).
- Top tortillas with remaining chihuahua cheese..
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese atop is melted..
- Serve with chimichurri sauce. (Can be cold or room temp).
- Variations; Guacamole, crema, salsa verde, mole, goat cheese, oaxaca cheese, pepperjack cheese, mango salsa, pineapple salsa, peach-mango salsa, grilled corn or pineapple, plantains, sofrito, caramelized shallots or onions, pickled red onions, jalapenos, poblano, habanero, bacon, Mexican oregano, white wine vinegar, avocado, cotija, coriander, lime, spinach, eggplant, black beans, tomato, roasted veggies, pumpkin seeds, refried beans.
Place ancho chilis in sauce pan with water. Blend until a thick sauce forms. Use a deep dish, oven proof pan and pour about a ¾ cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of dish, covering the bottom completely. Then assemble the enchiladas with a tortilla, about ¼ cup shredded chicken, a couple good heaping spoonfuls of queso dip and enchilada sauce. Roll up the enchiladas and place them seam side down in the pan.