Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam). From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Get just the right utensils for the job.
Unlike a creamy soup, it's a clear soup with loads of ingredients and condiments. Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the bowl. It is served with a boiled egg, fried. You can cook Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) using 27 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam)
- It’s of For Broth.
- Prepare of Chicken (i use around 300gr).
- Prepare of Water for boil.
- It’s of Bay Leaves.
- You need of Lemon grass powder (fresh will be better).
- Prepare of dried Galangal (fresh will better).
- It’s of ginger powder + 1 dried ginger (fresh will be better).
- It’s of coriander seeds.
- You need of turmeric powder.
- It’s of garlic.
- It’s of shallots (i used red onion).
- It’s of white pepper.
- It’s of cumin powder.
- Prepare of candlenuts.
- It’s of nutmeg since i dont wan't strong taste of it.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of For Servings.
- Prepare of Boiled eggs.
- You need of White cabbage – shredded.
- It’s of Green onion – chopped.
- Prepare of Bean sprouts.
- Prepare of Perkedel.
- It’s of Fried onion (see in my other recipe).
- It’s of Vermicelli noodles (i don't have, i use rice).
- You need of Kaffir limes (i use lemon).
- Prepare of Sambal (chili sauce/ paste).
- Prepare of Sweet soya sauce.
Soto Ayam is one of the most popular soups among Indonesian culinary. This clear chicken soup is often enjoyed with cellophane noodles and hard-boiled rice cakes. Marion's Kitchen is packed with simple and delicious Asian recipes and food ideas. Soto Ayam is a classic chicken soup from Indonesia but also popular in Singapore and Malaysia.
Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) instructions
- Prepare Pot, put 1 litre water. Boil it. Add chicken and bay leaves.
- Smash garlic, candlenuts, coriander seeds, ginger, galangal, nutmeg and onion until it become paste (you can use food processor).
- Fry the paste add turmeric powder, lemongrass powder, cumin powder, salt & white pepper.
- Add the fried seasonings above into pot.
- After the chicken cooked well take chicken, let it cool and shred it..
- Meanwhile prepare for servings, soak bean sprouts and white cabbage in hot water until it soft and rinse it.
- The servings, shredded white cabbage, tomatoes, bean sprouts, shredded chicken, chopped green onions, boiled eggs, fried onion, fritter potato (Perkedel/ frikadel).
- Meanwhile prepare your bowl, fill with vermicelli / rice / rice cake shredded cabagge, bean sprouts, sambal, green onion, boiled egg halved, add the broth. Add fried onion & perkedel.
- With rice cake (Lontong).
It's traditionally served with vermicelli noodles (or Bihun/Bee Hoon), shredded chicken, and eggs. In addition, the soup is topped with bean sprouts, cabbage, fried shallots, cilantro, Chinese celery, and krupuk or emping. Soto Ayam, an Indonesian chicken noodle soup. This is an easy, healthy, homemade soup that can be made from scratch. Prepared with a simple aromatic chicken broth that's infused with Asian spices, this soup is flavourful on its own.