Spicy Fried Rice with Canned Spanish Mackerel (in tomato sauce). Tip in the rice and stir to coat in the paste, then add the spring onions and peas. Add the soy sauce, then gently toss through the omelette ribbons and mackerel. In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, melt together olive oil and butter.
In Northern Mexico, Spanish Rice is most often cooked with tomatoes and onions, whereas in Southern Mexico plain white rice is more traditional. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic & brown onion until translucent. You can have Spicy Fried Rice with Canned Spanish Mackerel (in tomato sauce) using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Fried Rice with Canned Spanish Mackerel (in tomato sauce)
- Prepare As needed of – cooking oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of brown onion – finely minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of finely minced garlic.
- You need 8 of bird eyed chilies – halved & crushed.
- Prepare 2 of small canned spanish mackerel in tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 of big bowl Cold rice.
- Prepare As needed of – seasoning or salt.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Prepare of Finely chopped spring onion.
- You need of Note:.
- It’s 1 of . Use chilies as needed.
- It’s 2 of . Use only few tbsp of the canned spanish mackerel tomato sauce if using the big can.
- You need as needed of or use the sauce.
Stir in chili flake/chili powder if using then add a can of mackerel in tomato sauce. Authentic Spanish Rice may be traditional but it's also simple with just a handful of ingredients including long-grain white rice, water, chicken broth, tomato sauce and Rotel canned tomatoes. With a lot of stirring and a little patience, you too will master this easy side dish. Gently microwave the beans with some of the liquid, add hot sofrito on top, mix, taste for seasoning, and serve over hot rice with slices of avocado and soft corn tortillas.
Spicy Fried Rice with Canned Spanish Mackerel (in tomato sauce) step by step
- Heat enough cooking oil in a wok or deep pan. Add onion, garlic and chillies. Sauté until translucent and stir in canned spanish mackerel in tomato sauce. Mix well..
- Next, add cold rice. Stir until everything is well combined. Season and taste. Adjust seasoning accordingly. Keep stirring for more than 5 minutes. Cooking fried rice is not about mixing ingredients only until well combined. Rice & ingredients need to be cooked well so the rice will keep well..
- Garnish with chopped spring onion as needed..
Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan or non-stick pan. Fried Rice – A Complete Meal. While our post today is certainly not set in a competitive cook-off, fried rice on the menu is very much something to look forward to. To start with, fried rice is simply delicious. Secondly, it is a complete meal in itself which makes it perfect for lunch.