Chicken Stock. Automated Poultry Processing Systems That Work Best for Your Needs. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Pot-roasting a chicken is a fantastic method of preparation. It means slow-cooking it in the stock, which turns the meat soft and tender, just to the point when it is starts to fall off the bone.
Chicken stock comes in two basic varieties: brown stock and white stock. Brown stock is made with the bones from roast meat. The bones are first cooked in the oven, then browned in hot oil with. You can have Chicken Stock using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Stock
- You need 1 of Chicken, broken-down.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, paper on, 1/4 or 1/8.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic, paper on, 1/2.
- Prepare 1 of heart of celery, broken into ribs.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, broken into pieces.
- You need of Neutral/Blended oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Any kitchen scraps you want in your stock!.
Put all the ingredients into a large pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and skim off any scum that has formed. Strain into a large bowl and. Place the chicken carcasses, garlic, vegetables, herbs and peppercorns in a large, deep-bottomed pan.
Chicken Stock step by step
- Lightly oil a pan to roast everything on.
- Lay celery across the bottom of the pan. (I cut mine, but you can leave them whole). Then onions, carrot and garlic..
- Place the chicken around the pan in a single layer. Place in a 375° oven for about 40 minutes..
- Chop all of your kitchen scraps and stuff them in a stock sock or a few sheets of cheesecloth tied off as a bundle. This just makes retrieval easier at the end of cooking. Use really anything you want here!! Fruit peels, expiring spices and herbs, anything you want to use up. Nothing is off limits, just consider how the flavors interact. Place in about a gallon of water on medium heat while the chicken roasts..
- Turn the heat to 450 on the chicken and roast about 10 more minutes. (Bonus: baste the chicken with clarified butter/ghee if you want to get ridiculous). This is mostly for color, but also to carry the cooking the rest of the way. Tent with foil to keep chicken moist while it rests.
- Pull chicken off the bone and skin off the meat. Break bones (2 pairs of pliers makes this fairly easy) and place in the water with the stock sock. Reduce to medium-low and simmer (this is important, never boil a stock, it will become cloudy) maybe 6 hours, this is to get all the good nutrition out from the bones..
- Use the broth for anything you want! Same with all the roasted chicken meat you now have!.
Add the cold water and bring to the boil, skim, then turn the heat down to a simmer. Allow to cool for about half an hour, then refrigerate. Chicken stock has almost endless uses, from soup bases and gravies to a rich but low fat flavouring for veggies. The stock freezes will in ice cube trays or bags. Top up the water if necessary.