P-lo's Salisbury Steak and Gravy. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Check Out Great Products On eBay.
P-lo's Salisbury Steak and Gravy heather_p_lo Tampa,Fl. Another dish my mom would make!. Super yummy kids love and takes me back to times around the table with my mom and family as a child! You can have P-lo's Salisbury Steak and Gravy using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of P-lo's Salisbury Steak and Gravy
- Prepare 3 lbs of hamburger meat.
- You need 1 of small diced onion.
- Prepare 2 cups of or 1 prepackaged white mushrooms sliced(or your preference).
- Prepare of Flour.
- It’s 2 of beef bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 2-15 ounce of cans beef broth.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 3-4 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of Seasonings.
Here is how you cook that. Steps to make P-lo's Salisbury Steak and Gravy: Mix minced garlic,seasonings (I use salt,pepper,garlic,complete seasoning,and parsley),half diced onion,and hamburger meat. Great recipe for P-lo's Salisbury Steak and Gravy. Another dish my mom would make!.
P-lo's Salisbury Steak and Gravy instructions
- Mix minced garlic,seasonings(I use salt,pepper,garlic,complete seasoning,and parsley),half diced onion,and hamburger meat.
- Heat frying pan to medium high heat once hot make patties out of mixture and fry as if making a hamburger (I make baseball size in hands and flatten out remember patty will shrink once cooked) ..I also re-season each side with garlic,pepper,and little salt once when I flip letting each side sit for 10-12 minutes (check carefully with spatula if like so you do not burn again time depends on your heating of burner and pan using).
- Once patties are COMPLETELY brown in color and have a dark brown top remove to baking dish.. Do not worry about inside color of patties they will cook longer in oven (make sure their is no pink left on outside of patties)!! Pink color in picture is juice from patties sitting waiting on all to cook!!!.
- Remove frying pan from heat .. Drain grease leaving about 3 -4 tablespoons and add other half of diced onion, mushrooms,butter,bouillon cubes and few dashes of Worcestershire .. Put back on heat and mix all up.. if need to add more butter and Worcestershire getting all drippings and stuff fried to pan loosened and mixed throughly over a medium high heat (this and next process is quick so keep eye on it).
- Now I just get little handfuls of flour and sprinkle over mixture completely coating.
- Sprinkle and coat again.
- Now add 1 and half to two cans of beef broth over medium high heat slowly while mixing with fork and few dashes of Worcestershire..Once mixture is heated to a slight boil and thickens up little remove from heat (only takes few minutes so keep eye on).
- Pour gravy mixture over patties ..I also flip patties in sauce getting good and coated making sure some mushrooms and onions are on top of patties as well.
- Cover and cook at 375 in oven for 30-40 minutes(depending on rareness of patty when put in and your oven) You want everything to cook and flavor each other as well and let the gravy do its thing!😋 … Important Immediately when comes out have flour ready to sprinkle and coat top of everything.
- Stir and flip patties making sure mixed throughly until achieve consistency of gravy you prefer ( must be done when really hot so make sure right out of oven or will clump up and sprinkle lightly is secret .. I usually sprinkle and mix twice sometimes three depending on quality of meat and how much grease is cooked out of patties in oven ..you want the liquid a gravy consistency.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes to me the best!.. Egg noodles are ok to but love love love mine with white rice or mashed potatoes!!.
Super yummy kids love and takes me back to times around the table with my mom and family as a child! With just a pound of ground beef and a few simple ingredients, you can make hearty meals that your family will love! A classic Salisbury steak in beef and mushroom gravy. Keep in mind that the gravy is made of flour, and the texture of the gravy will get thicker when refrigerated. To heat this dish, add two tablespoon water to it and then heat it on the stovetop or in a microwave.