Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham. Deals Everyday for Your Kitchen and Home. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Sprinkle half the Cheddar cheese and half the Monterey Jack cheese on top.
Stir in potatoes, ham and cheese. Cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham recipe is creamy with layers of potatoes and ham. The perfect dish to feed a crowd; you might have to make two of these. You can have Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- You need 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 of small diced onion.
- You need 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of half and half.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 4 of large baking potatoes, scrubbed peeled and thinly sliced.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chopped ham.
- You need 3/4 cup of grated Cheddar cheese.
- It’s 3/4 cup of grated Monterey Jack cheese (or use whatever you have).
Add another layer of potatoes, another layer of ham slices and so on. Pour the cheese sauce over all. Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham is a delicious dish that pairs well with just about anything. Tender potatoes and salty ham are married together perfectly with a creamy, cheesy sauce.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with spray or butter..
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, cook and stir until starting to soften 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle flour over onion and whisk together. Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic powder,Worcestershire sauce, onion powder and paprika to the milk and half and half mixture. Add to the pan and whisk until thickened (takes less then 5 minutes). Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste..
- Place half the sliced potatoes into baking dish, top with half the ham. Sprinkle 1/2 each cheese on top. Cover with half the skillet mixture. Repeat layering ending with layer of cheese and sauce. Cover with aluminum foil..
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 20-30 minutes until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted and golden..
This ham and potato casserole is hearty, substantial, and oh so cheesy! How to Make Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham Casserole Peel, wash, and slice potatoes into ¼-inch slices. Place sliced potatoes into a large bowl. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Pour in half the sauce from the skillet.