Chickpea and Spinach Dhal. Add a splash of the chickpea liquid if it looks dry. Sprinkle the roasted chickpeas on top and serve with naan bread. Then add the chickpeas, coconut milk, spinach leaves and half the coriander.
Stir in the spinach and half the coriander until wilted and season. Mix the tomatoes with the remaining coriander and spoon on top of the dhal. Chickpea, Spinach and Red Lentil Dahl. You can have Chickpea and Spinach Dhal using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chickpea and Spinach Dhal
- You need of red lentils.
- Prepare of onion.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of tin chickpeas.
- It’s of reduced fat coconut milk.
- It’s of spinach.
- Prepare of lemon.
- Prepare of naan bread.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- It’s of tikka curry paste.
With all the traditional Indian flavours of garlic, cumin, ginger, turmeric and coriander, along with a little bit of a kick from fresh chilli, this quick and simple curry will be the perfect solution. Chickpea and spinach coconut dhal, onion bhaji and naan bread. Rice flour; All purpose flour ; Paprika; Turmeric; Pepper ; Cold water; A batter made from table spoon of half rice flour half all purpose but you can use all purpose on its own if you don't have rice. Mix with a teaspoon paprika, turmeric and pepper.
Chickpea and Spinach Dhal instructions
- Rinse and drain lentils.
- Heat oil in large sauce pan and add chopped onion and finely chopped garlic clove for a minute..
- Stir in tikka paste and cook for a further minute..
- Add lentils and drained chickpeas.
- Add coconut milk.
- Fill coconut milk can with water and add as the curry cooks ensuring its neither too runny or too thick..
- Let cook on medium heat for about 30 mins until lentils are done and add water as required.
- Stir in spinach and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Squeeze in juice from lemon.
- Serve with cooked naan.
Then mix with very cold water until viscous. Instructions Rinse the red lentils under cold water and empty them into a large saucepan or casserole pot. Skim off any foam that has risen to the top. Stir in the onion, ginger, garlic, chilli, curry powder, turmeric and salt. Bursting with iron rich spinach and protein packed chickpeas, this curry freezes well and it's absolutely delicious and easy to.