Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup. Here is how you do that. Combine tomatoes, chopped onion, cilantro, garlic, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce in a blender and blend until smooth. Heat a large stockpot and add the blended mixture, cumin, chicken stock and tomato sauce.
Below I've flexed my Finance talents to create a chart for dietary adjustments and included instructions on how to roast your own chicken. Create An Easy Ancho Tortilla Soup At Home. This is an easy Chicken Tortilla Soup that can be on your table in less than an hour. You can have Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup
- You need 1 ounce of oil.
- You need 1/2 of small sweet onion- diced small.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic- chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of jalapeno pepper- dice small (no seeds)- I evaluate the heat and adjust the amount used.
- You need 1/2 of green bell pepper-dice small.
- You need 1 cup of tomatoes-diced in juice.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of Chipotles in adobo -pureed or finley chopped Some people like more or less.
- You need 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 3-8 inch of flour or corn tortillas cut into thin strips.
- It’s 2 ears of grilled sweet corn stripped from the cob (if not available 8 oz. can works).
- Prepare 12 ounces of cooked chicken diced 1/4 inch (leg quarter are very good for this or baked thighs).
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar(to taste after that).
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice (to taste).
- You need 3 tablespoons of cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
A rich tomato broth with a bit of spice and large chunks of chicken make this a hearty and comforting meal! Hello everybody, hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, chicken adobo tortilla. Chicken Adobo Soup with Tortilla Strips & Crema Pinto beans lend body while also adding a dose of satiating protein and fiber to this spicy soup.
Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup step by step
- Add oil to a 4 qt. sauce pan saute the onion, garlic, jalapeno's and bell pepper until lightly caramelized..
- Add the tomatoes,chipotles in adobo puree, seasonings, stock and tomato paste and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut the tortillas into strips add to soup and puree with a hand-blender, blender or food processor for 2 minutes. start slow as not to get burnt by hot liquid..
- Return the soup to a simmer and add the final ingredients. The cilantro should be added just before service..
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
- Garnish- fried tortillas with a little chili powder, sour cream or cheddar are also nice:).
Adapt the toppings to your taste — we love it with tangy pickled onions, but they are completely optional. Avocado, cilantro, jalapeños and radishes all make great toppers as well. DIRECTIONS In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside. Saute the yellow onion in a tablespoon of the broth until tender over medium heat.