Taco Salad Bake. Directions In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, stir refried beans; spread over chips. Brown the ground beef and onions and drain.
Taco Salad with Baked Shells Instead of using deep-fried salad shells, this recipe calls for baking flour tortillas in the microwave. Pour browned meat mixture over the top of the refried beans. This is a quick-to-throw-together taco salad that even picky family members will eat, as you can serve any of the ingredients on the side. You can have Taco Salad Bake using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Taco Salad Bake
- Prepare 1 of regular size bag of any tortilla or corn chips you like. I used chili cheese Fritos because I had a bag.
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need packet of Taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of regular size can enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 of regular size can cheddar cheese soup.
- You need 1 of small can green chili’s.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 2 cups of Shredded cheese of choice.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes chopped.
- It’s of Shredded lettuce.
- You need of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Extra cheese for topping. I use queso fresco on anything.
- You need of Avocados or guacamole optional.
I sometimes serve with taco shells and let my five-year-old make tacos out of the ingredients (minus the dressing for the salad). In a very large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, chips, tomatoes, beans, olives, cheese, onion, chilies and beef mixture. Stir in taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil. Great fill-in dinner when my original plan didn't work out.
Taco Salad Bake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325. Brown the ground beef and onions and drain. Add half the tomatoes, the chili’s undrained, seasoning packet, enchilada sauce, and soup and combine well..
- In a sprayed casserole or cake pan, layer in half your chips, half the meat mixture, and 1 cup shredded cheese, in that order, then repeat with a second layer starting with chips and ending with cheese..
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes. Dress it with whatever things you like! I love lettuce tomato sour cream extra cheese and guacamole..
I made my own taco seasoning and my own French dressing. I did not water down the dressing. My kids and husband ate their taco salad with the tortilla chips but I had mine with just lettuce tomatoes a tablespoon of reduced fat sour cream and homemade salsa. Taco Salad Casserole Seasoned ground beef, crushed tortilla chips, and lots of cheese make this taco salad casserole a family favorite dinner! Serve with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, avocado, olives, and sour cream for a fun twist to a traditional taco salad.