School Lunch Style Egg Drop Soup. Enhance Your Lunch Recipes With Cholula® Hot Sauce And Uncap Real Flavor! Try Lunch Recipes Or Other Delicious Cholula® Recipe Ideas Today! School Lunch Style Egg Drop Soup.
Egg drop soup also is known as egg flower soup. Great recipe for School Lunch Style Egg Drop Soup. I loved the egg drop soup served at elementary school and made this soup reminiscing about it. You can cook School Lunch Style Egg Drop Soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of School Lunch Style Egg Drop Soup
- Prepare 1500 ml of Water.
- Prepare 7 of Consomme soup stock cubes.
- It’s 1 large of can Canned corn.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- It’s of [For katakuriko slurry].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Water.
Now this is our dinner staple. Eggs can be hard and tough in texture when over cooked or reheated. Adding katakuri starch slurry makes the eggs light. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolk together using a fork.
School Lunch Style Egg Drop Soup step by step
- In a pot, add water and consomme cubes and bring to a simmer..
- When the cubes are dissolved, add the entire contents of the can. The canned corn is 425 g (265 g without liquid).
- When the soup starts boiling, add the katakuriko slurry, stirring continuously..
- Bring back to a boil and add the beaten eggs..
- Stir lightly and turn off the heat..
Drizzle egg a little at a time from the fork into the boiling broth mixture. Once the eggs have been dropped, stir in the cornstarch mixture gradually until the soup is the desired consistency. Heat chicken broth and green onions in a large pot over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and stir soy sauce mixture in to the broth. But again, it does say optional.