Roast spare rib of pork. We Use Our Skill And Knowledge To Select Meat Specifically For Its Tenderness And Flavour. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
The following day they can be grilled,. Put the pork on a rack in a roasting pan fat side up. It will be moist and slightly pink in the center. You can cook Roast spare rib of pork using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roast spare rib of pork
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Sea salt.
- Prepare 2 of onions, peeled with tops and roots removed and cut in half.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and left whole but slightly crushed to release the oils.
- Prepare 1.5-2 kg of pork spare rib joint.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It’s 200 ml of dry white wine.
This temperature will crisp the crackling. To do so, heat the lard (or butter) in a frying pan over medium heat until the fat foams. Brown the rack of pork on all sides, including the end-caps. Pour the white wine over the meat and add the shallots and celery.
Roast spare rib of pork step by step
- Pre-heat oven time gas mark 7 or electric equivalent. Normally about 220C or 180C on my Circotherm.
- If not already done by butcher, score the skin but do not cut into the meat. Rub sea salt into the cuts and drizzle olive oil over the skin. Turn joint over and lightly season other side. Return to skin-side up and sprinkle on the thyme and rosemary..
- Put a little olive oil in your roasting dish, roll the onion halves and garlic cloves in the oil to cover thoroughly and place towards the centre of the dish. Place the joint skin-side up on top of the vegetables and put into the pre-heated oven..
- After 30 minutes check that the crackling has turned golden-brown. Carefully pour the wine into the roasting dish so that it goes around the meat but not over it. Lower the temperature to gas mark 4 (electric equivalent about 180C, Circotherm 160C) and cook for a further 30 minutes per 500g of meat weight..
- Check that meat is properly cooked, then remove from oven (leaving the onions and garlic in the roasting dish), cover with foil and allow to rest for 20-25 minutes..
- Use the juices and vegetables to make gravy. Carve the meat and serve with roast potatoes plus vegetables of your choice. Also an apple or other sauce if wished..
The spare ribs are a cut of pork that comprises a section of the rib cage of the pig. They start at the end of the very popular Baby Back Ribs located on top of the animal and extend to the end of the rib bones. Pork spare ribs are typically removed before the bacon located underneath them is accessed. Mix all the ingredients (except the pork) in a small bowl, then rub all over the meat, getting in between the cuts in the skin. Pork leg and loin joints are excellent roasting joints with lean meat and good crackling, and a rack of pork is an impressive looking roast.