With Spinach Egg Drop Soup. Strain and return the stock to the saucepan. Bring broth to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer. Slowly add egg, stirring constantly, until egg forms lacy strands.
Add broth, ginger and apple cider vinegar to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Slowly stream in the beaten egg while stirring the soup in one direction. To make this spinach egg drop soup, I first sauteed spinach and garlic, then add carrots and tomato sauce. You can have With Spinach Egg Drop Soup using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of With Spinach Egg Drop Soup
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 4 of leaves Spinach.
- Prepare 400 ml of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chicken soup stock granules.
- You need 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
For the egg drop, I beat whole eggs with some water and slowly add it to the hot soup, whisking constantly. Add the pasta and spinach and cook over moderate heat until the spinach wilts. Gently stir in the eggs, breaking them into long strands. Straccietella soup is an Italian soup with "shreds" or rags of eggs floating in a broth.
With Spinach Egg Drop Soup step by step
- Add chicken soup stock granules into hot water, and bring to a boil..
- Add the bite-sized spinach..
- Dissolve the katakuriko in 1 tablespoon of water, and gently pour in. Swirl in the beaten egg little by little. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and it's done!.
- It became really thick, but it's delicious..
It's popular around Rome in central Italy, and was traditionally served around Easter. Some American versions of the soup include spinach. For our take below, we added white beans to up the plant-based protein and make the soup a little more filling. In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs (if using), and black pepper. Once the stock is simmering, stir in the sliced spinach.