Chicken and Sausage Cassoulet Recipe. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Brown the chicken legs in the skillet. Then transfer them to the bowl. Trim the chicken thighs of any visible fat – we find a good pair of kitchen scissors does the job well – then cut the thighs in half.
Heat a large, deep non-stick frying pan and spritz with the oil spray. Remove the sausages and spritz the pan again with the oil spray. Add the onion, chicken and paprika. You can cook Chicken and Sausage Cassoulet Recipe using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Sausage Cassoulet Recipe
- It’s 6 of each chicken drumsticks or thighs.
- Prepare 2 cans (15 oz) of each) cannelli or white beans, drained, rinsed.
- It’s 3 Tbls of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher or sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 16 oz of package smoked sausage, cut into 3-inch pieces.
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped medium-size.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 14 1/2 oz of can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano.
- You need 1/2 cup of low-sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain breadcrumbs, divided.
- It’s 1 cup of plain breadcrumbs, divided.
- It’s 1 of Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs.
Add the oil and fry the chicken drumsticks, sausages and speck or bacon until browned. Remove from the pan (if using bacon pieces you can leave these in the pan). Add the beans to the pan and stir to coat and combine. How to make Chicken Cassoulet with Sausage Start by trimming the chicken thighs of any excess fat and place skin side down in a large frying pan or skillet with the onions.
Chicken and Sausage Cassoulet Recipe instructions
- Preheat oven to 300°F..
- Sprinkle chicken all over with salt and pepper..
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown meat in 2 tablespoons olive oil, about 5 minutes..
- Turn and brown other side, about 5 minutes longer. Remove from skillet and set aside..
- Add sausage to skillet and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside..
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes..
- Return chicken and sausage to skillet. Add beans, tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, and thyme..
- Bring to a boil and sprinkle with 1/2 cup breadcrumbs..
- Bake, covered, 2 hours. Then uncover and sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs..
- Bake 20 minutes longer, or until cassoulet is golden..
- Remove bay leaf before serving..
- Garnish with thyme sprigs.
This gives the skin a good colour and allows the chicken fat to render down and cook the onions. Trim the chicken thighs of any visible fat – we find a good pair of kitchen scissors does the job well – then cut them in half. Transfer everything to a large flameproof casserole dish. Cassoulet is a hearty dish but with a few little tweaks we've reduced the calorie count while keeping the big flavours. Choose really meaty sausages and gammon, take the skin off the chicken and.