Chicken ala king. Your favourite Chicken restaurants available on Deliveroo. Check Out Great Products On eBay. Chop up roasted chicken removing skin and bones, add to ovenproof dish.
Add chicken, heat through and remove from heat. In a small bowl combine soured cream, egg yolks, red pepper, sherry, salt and pepper and mix together. It's a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey. You can have Chicken ala king using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken ala king
- You need 3 of chicken breasts shredded.
- It’s 375 ml of chopped mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 of diced onion.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Coarse black pepper.
- It’s 500 ml of Milk.
- It’s 60 g of flour.
- It’s 60 g of butter.
- You need of Parsley to garnish.
Green pepper and red pimientos make this a pretty dish to serve at Christmas or anytime. Serve over cooked rice, toast, or noodles. Chicken à la King has an unclear origin, but some very clear requirements and this recipe meets them all, including: chicken (of course), creamy sauce, pimientos and cooked vegetables. To make the chicken a la king, sauté the onions and peppers in a splash of olive oil until golden brown and cooked.
Chicken ala king instructions
- In a pot with melted butter sauté onion salt and pepper..
- Add mushrooms and allow to cook..
- When mushrooms are cooked. Keep adding flour and milk a little at a time until desired consistency and mix well. The whole idea is to make a white sauce so if you are not comfortable with this method it’s best to make your white sauce on the side and add cooked mushrooms to it..
- Add shredded chicken.
Remove from the pan and set aside. Leftover (or rotisserie) chicken in a creamy sauce with mushrooms and a hint of sherry. Rate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Chicken A La King I copied this out of a magazine years ago while traveling with my husband, who was in the army. This is also delicious served over biscuits.—Polly Hurst, Flemingsburg, Kentucky To make the velouté sauce, heat the butter in a heavy-based pan.