Warm Bacon dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt, and slowly pour in water and vinegar, whisking constantly. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. In a small saucepan, combine the bacon drippings, sugar, vinegar, water, cornstarch, and a dash of salt.
How to Make Warm Bacon Dressing. We've put this on risotto, pasta, roasted veggies… We even sop up what's left with a piece of crusty french bread. There's something elegant about this multi-use dressing: It really kicks a plain ole salad up a notch! You can have Warm Bacon dressing using 5 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Warm Bacon dressing
- It’s 5 slices of bacon, roughly chopped.
- You need 1/4 C of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar or honey.
- You need 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Kosher salt and black pepper.
First, dice the bacon and onion. If the bacon has a lot of fat, feel free to trim away. I like to brown the onion and bacon in a cast. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove bacon and set aside.
Warm Bacon dressing instructions
- Cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels; reserve the drippings. Whisk the vinegar, sugar, mustard and S&P into drippings. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified. Add bacon. Serve warm on your salad..
Add onion and saute until tender; remove from the heat. Add the vinegar, water, sugar, pimientos, mustard, salt, pepper and bacon; mix well. Hot Bacon Dressing is also known as Pennsylvania Dutch hot bacon dressing, is the unexpected sweet, tangy and bacon-filled dressing that will dress up a simple spinach salad. I am an Amazon Associate I earn from the qualifying purchases. I love this dressing over spinach salad with thinly sliced red onion and mushrooms.