Stuffed Enchilada Shells. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. In a large sauce pan or large high-sided skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent,.
Cook the pasta shells until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside to cool. Pour the oil in a pan, then add the onions and cook on medium heat until softened. You can have Stuffed Enchilada Shells using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Enchilada Shells
- It’s of jumbo pasta shells.
- Prepare of hamburger.
- It’s of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of enchilada sauce.
- You need of seasonings of choice: black pepper, garlic, cumin, chili powder.
- You need of Toppings of choice: lettuce, tomato, sour cream, onions.
Add the green chiles, chicken, and. Place chicken mixture in a bowl. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook onions, garlic, and peppers until translucent. Add ground beef and taco seasoning, and cook until browned.
Stuffed Enchilada Shells instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook hamburger along with seasonings until fully cooked; drain and return to pan..
- Add in 1 cup of cheddar cheese; mix and set aside..
- Meanwhile cook shells according to package instructions; drain and rinse with cold water; set aside..
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish and spoon enchilada sauce evenly on bottom..
- Equally divide meat mixture among shells and place on top of enchilada sauce..
- Top with remaining cheese..
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly..
- Set up topping station..
Fill cooked shells with beef and place in a baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the stuffed. Mix refried beans, cooked hamburger and most of the shredded cheese. Spoon bean, cheese, meat filling into the boiled and cooled shells. Cover shells with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese..