Spanish Tomato Rice Bake. Ground beef, fresh onion, green bell pepper, tomatoes and rice are simmered in a sweet-hot sauce of chile, brown sugar, cumin and Worcestershire. This savory rice dish is then baked with Cheddar and garnished with fresh cilantro. Add rice, tomato and spices, stir.
Reduce the heat to low and add the rice. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat; drain the fat, and transfer beef to a large pot over medium low heat. Stir in onion, garlic green pepper, tomatoes, water, rice, chili sauce, salt, pepper, brown sugar, cumin and Worcestershire sauce. You can have Spanish Tomato Rice Bake using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spanish Tomato Rice Bake
- You need 8 of chicken mini fillets.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- You need 1 of pepper diced.
- You need 100 g of chorizo diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need pinch of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 2 of tsps basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 180 g of basmati rice.
- Prepare 200 ml of chicken stock.
- You need 400 g of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 40 g of dairy free cheese grated.
- It’s of salt and pepper for seasoning.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir in water, rice, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, chili powder, and garlic salt. Add the chicken broth, tomato paste, rice, and the seasoning.
Spanish Tomato Rice Bake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 oC.
- Eason the chicken with salt and pepper Heat the olive oil in a large shallow pan over a medium heat Add in the chicken, peppers, chorizo, onion, garlic and chilli flakes Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the paprika, chopped tomatoes, rice, chicken stock and basil Pour into a casserole dish and top with the chicken thighs.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes Remove the tinfoil, sprinkle on the cheese and bake for another 10 minutes or until the rice has absorbed the stock.
Bring to a boil and remove from heat. To reheat: put a cup or so of rice into a microwaveable-safe bowl. Sprinkle with about a tbsp. of water or chicken broth. Stir to make sure it is evenly warmed through. Combine remaining chopped green pepper with the tomato sauce, water, onion, salt, and black pepper.