Chinese Egg-drop Soup with Corn. Check Out Egg Drop Soup on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers.
This is a very basic version. Instead of using clean water, I use a dilute corn juice for a better combined taste. When we first immigrated to the US, corn egg drop soup was a beloved budget and pantry dish that only took minutes to get on the table. You can have Chinese Egg-drop Soup with Corn using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Egg-drop Soup with Corn
- Prepare 1 of Corn on the cob.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chinese soup stock.
- It’s 800 ml of Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 1/2 of Japanese leek.
- It’s 1 dash of Green onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of Grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- You need 2 tbsp of Water (for the katakuriko).
The combo of sweet corn in savory, peppery broth with thin ribbons of egg is oh so simple yet comforting. Ingredients for corn and egg drop soup: fresh corn, eggs, chicken breast, onion, scallions, Shaoxing wine, cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Ingredients for corn and egg drop soup You will need fresh corns, chicken breast, eggs, onion, scallions, Shaoxing wine, cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Chicken Corn Egg Drop Soup is a Cantonese favorite, especially among Hong Kong-ers and has made its way into most Chinese takeout restaurant menus.
Chinese Egg-drop Soup with Corn instructions
- Cut the corn in half, wrap in plastic wrap, and microwave for 5 minutes, with the corn halves standing up..
- Scrape off the cooked corn kernels with a knife..
- Put the water, soup stock granules and sake in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the corn kernels. Skim off surface scum. Season with salt and pepper..
- Stir in the katakuriko dissolved in water. When the soup starts to bubble, add the beaten eggs through a slotted spoon..
- Add the chopped leek and grated ginger, and turn off the heat. Ladle into bowls, scatter chopped green onions and it's done!.
They key to this egg drop soup is the added flavor of sweet corn. In a saucepan, saute the onions and ginger in peanut oil until aromatic (a few minutes). Mix in chicken and sesame oil, and bring just to a simmer. Pour the egg slowly into the pan in a thin stream, stirring lightly with a fork to form strands. A bowl of Chinese corn soup is the ultimate comfort food on a chilly day.