Tandoori chicken in oven. Line a tray with foil and place a rack on the tray. Remove chicken from the Marinade, shaking off excess (reserve Marinade), and place on the rack. Remove the tray from the oven.
Put the onions, lemon halves and ginger in a roasting tin. Place the chicken legs in a roasting pan lined with parchment paper. Fit a rimmed baking sheet with a roasting rack and spray the rack with nonstick spray. You can have Tandoori chicken in oven using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tandoori chicken in oven
- You need 6 of chicken drumsticks.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of hung curd.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Kashmir red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt or as required.
Place the coated chicken pieces on the rack. This is one way of setting the temperature. Authentic Tandoori Chicken recipe and product endorsement by Celebrity Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi. Place the chicken on a baking sheet in a single layer.
Tandoori chicken in oven instructions
- Place the chicken on a flat surface, use a sharp knife to make deep long cuts along the flesh, this allows the marination to absorb better into the chicken. place them in a dish or bowl..
- In a separate bowl combine all the other ingredients and mix. Pour the curd mixture onto the chicken and thoroughly coat the chicken with it..
- Use a cling film to cover the dish and refrigerate, for best results you can leave it overnight but a five-hour marination will do if you need to reduce the time of marinating the chicken..
- Once you are ready to bake it, take the marinated chicken half an hour earlier and let it reach room temperature. Preheat the oven to 200 ° c, take the chicken off the marinade and place them on a baking dish covered with foil. brush the chicken with oil and bake for 45 minutes..
- Once the baking time reaches 25 minutes, turn over the chicken and bake the other side for 15 minutes. flip the chicken again to the correct side and bake till the end of 45 minutes..
- You’ll know the chicken has been baked through when you see the juices running out of them,don’t discard this juice, brush the chicken when you’re warming it up..
- Serve hot with mint chutney..
The chicken should be cooked through and browned and charred around the edges. HAVE YOUR OWN INDIAN THEMED DINNER FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME WITH THIS INDIAN RECIPE TAKING CENTER STAGE ON YOUR TABLE. USE THE TANDOORI CHICKEN MARINADE TO MAKE THE BEST OVEN BAKED CHICKEN. Ingredients mentioned below use standard measuring cups and. A charcoal fired tandoori clay oven makes it different and gives a traditional taste to the food.