Mex-Inspired Tandoori Chicken. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Great recipe for Mex-Inspired Tandoori Chicken.
Source : Place All Ingredients In Large Mixing Bowl And Mix And Massage With Your Hands To Thoroughly And Evenly Season Each Piece Of Chicken Allow To Marinate F. Step: Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix and massage with your hands to. This is essential to the tandoori chicken flavor. You can cook Mex-Inspired Tandoori Chicken using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mex-Inspired Tandoori Chicken
- You need 5 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces, scored 1/4" deep twice on each side (whole drums and thighs or half breast pieces).
- You need 1 cup of yogurt.
- It’s 1 of medium tomato, finely chopped (if no fresh tomatoes, you can use 1/3 cup well drained chopped canned tomatoes).
- You need 1/2 of medium onion, finely chopped or grated.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or grated.
- You need 1.5-2 Tablespoons of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- You need of the zest of 1 lime.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of lime juice.
- It’s 1/3-1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 2 teaspoons of achiote powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 2 teaspoons of dried Mexican oregano (the other kind will do in a pinch, of course).
- Prepare 2-4 of minced Serrano chilies (Jalapeños work as well).
- You need 3 Tablespoons of oil.
- You need 1 of green onion, chopped, and a handful of chopped cilantro for garnish.
Season the chicken breasts with the taco seasoning, then place them into a baking dish. Top the chicken breasts with the sliced peppers and onions. Pour the HERDEZ® Salsa Casera on top of the chicken and veggies. I was first introduced to Indian food in college, thanks for my roommate Shreyasi, and it was love at first bite!
Mex-Inspired Tandoori Chicken step by step
- Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix and massage with your hands to thoroughly and evenly season each piece of chicken..
- Allow to marinate for at least 4 hours, and up to a full day, in the refrigerator, making sure to redistribute the chicken once or twice to ensure that all the seasoning gets evenly distributed again after the chicken and vegetable matter release liquid..
- An hour before cooking, take the chicken out of the fridge and lay the chicken out in a single layer, skin side down, on a lightly oiled broiler pan, or on a rack on a baking pan or sheet, to bring the chicken up to room temp..
- Preheat the oven to broil (this usually takes 20 minutes or so), then broil the chicken about 4 inches under the broiler element (yours may be under the oven or right under the top heat element of the main oven compartment) for 8 minutes per side, finishing this step with the skin side up..
- Turn the oven heat down to 425F and continue roasting the chicken on the middle rack for another 20 to 25 minutes..
- Serve on a platter with chopped green onions and cilantro sprinkled atop..
The flavors are completely new, but also familiar. I'm Jannese, a Puerto Rican girl living in paradise (Florida), and the creative mind behind Delish D'Lites. Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat & spray with a light coating of olive oil spray. Next, spray each side of the breaded chicken cutlet with olive oil spray and place into the pan. You're probably wondering, why don't I just do this in the oven?