Tandoori Chicken. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Tandoori Chicken on eBay.
Looking for a tasty chicken marinade recipe? Tandoori spice always hits the spot. Discover our traditional and updated versions of this classic Indian curried chicken recipe. You can have Tandoori Chicken using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tandoori Chicken
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Yogurt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Ginger-Garlic Paste.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fenugreek Leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cumin Powder.
- You need 2/3 tsp of Turmeric.
- You need 4 of Chicken Thighs, skinless.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pepper Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam Masala Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
This low-fat curried chicken is packed full of flavour. Cut deep incisions into the chicken flesh with a small, sharp knife. Place the chicken into a bowl and sprinkle over the salt and the juice of two lemons, massaging into the chicken until well. Tandoori chicken gets its name from the bell-shaped tandoor clay oven which is also used to make naan, or Indian flatbread.
Tandoori Chicken instructions
- Make slits in chicken thighs. Extract the lime juice, add salt and chilli powder, make a paste..
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and make a thick paste..
- Mix and coat nicely with the chicken, and set to marinate in the fridge. (Preferably overnight).
- Preheat the oven at the highest temperature. Chop some vegetables (parsnips/ carrots/kumara/potatoes) and make a bed..
- Put chicken on top, and cook until done (about 30 mins).
- Serve hot with salad, naan..
Skinless legs and thighs are marinated in a tenderizing mixture of yogurt, lemon juice, and spices and the meat is slashed to the bone in several places helping the marinade penetrate and the chicken cook more quickly. Traditionally, tandoori chicken is cooked with a whole bird that has been infused with flavour through a distinct two-stage marinading process. This involves using a wood burning clay oven that is cylindrical in shape and built into the ground. The tandoor oven is what gives this amazing dish its unique flavour, texture and smoky fragrance. Combine the tandoori paste ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.