Salisbury Steak. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Steak Recipes on eBay.
It is a version of Hamburg steak Background. Hamburger salisbury steak with gravy is a classic dinner that is inexpensive and so easy to make. Method For the meat mixture: Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and some salt and pepper. You can cook Salisbury Steak using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- It’s 1 lb of 90/10 lean ground beef.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 c of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 T of worstershire.
- You need 1/2 t of pepper.
- It’s 1 pack of onion soup mix.
- You need 4 T of butter.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1-2 c of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 4 T of flour.
- It’s 2 c of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 1/4 c of water.
This American physician spent his career promoting a meat-centered diet and thus, the Salisbury steak was born. Watch how to make this recipe. For the meat mixture: Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and some salt and pepper. Salisbury steak involves making seasoned beef patties using mince / ground beef, then making a mushroom gravy.
Salisbury Steak step by step
- Mix first 5 ingredients and 1/2 packet of onion mix. (Save remaining for gravy). Make 5 patties..
- Brown patties on each side over med-high heat. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Melt butter and sauté mushrooms and onions for about 3-6 minutes.
- Add flour and remaining onion mix to onions and mushrooms. Mix well until onions and mushrooms have absorbed powder..
- Add broth and water and mix well until flour us well incorporated and gravy takes on a creamy appearance..
- Bring gravy to a boil then reduce to simmer. Simmer about 5 minutes or until gravy thickens, stirring often..
- Add beef patties and simmer for 40 minutes, until patties are firm..
In my recipe, there's just two little things I do differently to the usual Salisbury Steak recipe that takes these up a notch: Salisbury steak is an American take on Hamburg steak. Essentially, it's a seasoned ground beef patty served with gravy or a brown sauce. How to Make Salisbury Steak Start by mixing together the patty mixture, then shaping the patties and searing them in a skillet. Next, cook the mushrooms and onions, and add a simple sauce of tomato paste, mustard, and beef broth. Nestle the patties back into the skillet and let everything simmer until the patties are cooked through.