You can have Salmon Curry using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon Curry
- It’s of Salmon.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1-2 sprigs of curry leaves.
- Prepare 2-3 of garlic cloves, chopped or crushed.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely diced.
- You need 1-2 of green chilli, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder (plus more to sprinkle on salmon).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder (plus more to sprinkle on salmon).
- Prepare 1 of +1/4 tsp coriander-cumin powder.
- You need 1/4-1/2 cup of tamarind water.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of thin coconut milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander, chopped, for garnish.
Salmon Curry instructions
- Pour 1 tbsp oil to pan and heat it..
- Once hot, add the salmon (room temperature) with skin side down..
- Sprinkle salt, turmeric and red chilli powder and cook for 2 min..
- Flip it and sprinkle salt, turmeric and red chilli powder. Add curry leaves in the oil (I used dried once, but fresh ones would be better!).
- Fry for 1-2 more minutes. Salmon should be partially cooked, not fully. Remove the salmon and crispy curry leaves from the pan and set aside..
- Now prepare the curry. Pour oil on pan and heat it up..
- Once hot, add mustard seeds. Once they pop, add garlic and curry leaves..
- Saute until the raw garlic smell disappears..
- Now add onions and green chilli and saute until translucent..
- Add tomatoes and cook until the mixture is mushy and oil separates from the sides..
- Add all the dry spices – turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander-cumin powder, garam masala, salt – and cook until fragrant..
- Pour 1 cup water and 1/4 cup tamarind water. Curry should thicken slightly, while remaining runny..
- Taste and adjust the salt and tamarind water accordingly..
- Pour 1/4 cup coconut milk (optional) and stir..
- Now place the salmon skin side down and cover and cook until the salmon is fully cooked (the colour should have changed and it should be flaky)..
- Garnish with coriander and rest for ~2 hours. Serve with rice!.