Biscuit topped Shepards Pie. Great discounts and savings on top home brands. In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese and rosemary. Stir in milk and butter just until moistened.
Stir in milk, salt, pepper and herbs until dough forms. Arrange meat and mushroom mixture in a casserole dish. Here is how you do that. You can have Biscuit topped Shepards Pie using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Biscuit topped Shepards Pie
- Prepare 2 lb of Ground Chuck.
- You need 1 cup of Diced peeled potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Peeled Chopped Onion.
- It’s 2 cup of Washed sliced Carrots.
- It’s 1 cup of Peas (frozen).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Corn starch.
- Prepare 2 cup of Beef broth.
- It’s of Biscuit topping.
- You need 2 cup of All purpose flour: I always double the whole biscuit recipie to be sure to have enough bisciut mix to cover the whole dish..
- You need 1/4 cup of Butter or crisco.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1 of Add milk to desired consistancy, usually close to a cup bc I double this recipe for the biscut mix..
Grease a deep dish pie pan (I actually use a deep spring form pan). Layer, beef and onions, then corn, then peas, then mashed potatoes, then cheese, then pour the Bisquick mix over the top. The cheese will end up rising over the Bisquick mix. Piro, Easton, Pennsylvania These look wonderful Cathleen!
Biscuit topped Shepards Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Brown ground chuck with the garlic in a deep pot..
- Add broth and raw veggies to the pot; cook at med. high until veggies are tender. Dont over cook the veggies! It goes in the oven for a while so just tender, slightly under cooked it's best! At this point add salt and pepper to taste, a pinch of tyme is good too. Maybe season salt or garlic/onion powder..
- Turn up to a boil, add corn starch and stir until thickened..
- Take off heat, pour into greased casserole dish, set aside to continue to thicken while you make up the biscuit mix..
- With a mixer or in a food processor, add all of the biscut ingredients together until too thick to turn blades. Then begin to add milk in until the consistancy is soft smooth and almost pourable. Like you would make for drop biscuits rather than pressed..
- In the same methode of drop biscuits, drop in spoonfuls the biscuit batter over the top of the casserole dish covering the whole top. Use a wet spatula to spred the batter out easier..
- Bake in the oven 12-15 minutes or until bisuit topping is browned and a toothpick/knife come out of the topping clean..
I love shepherd's pie and making it like this would also be perfect for freezing down leftovers (if they ever make it to that stage *sneaky grin*) for those days you crave a lovely little pie 😀 One question though, you mention "biscuits" and I thought it was actual biscuits, but is this more like an already made pastry? Would you like any nuts in the recipe? These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer.