Baked Sweet Chilli Chicken Nuggets. Let chicken get to room temp (cooks better if not cold). Place the nuggets on the tray. Spray lightly with canola oil, for added crunch.
Do not crowd your pan as this will cause your oil temperature to drop and in turn result in soggy and not crispy nuggets. Remove from pan and set aside. So air frying the coated chicken nuggets works too. You can cook Baked Sweet Chilli Chicken Nuggets using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Sweet Chilli Chicken Nuggets
- Prepare of Boneless chicken thighs.
- You need of Flour.
- Prepare of Bread Crumbs.
- It’s of Eggs.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Paprika.
- Prepare of Powdered Garlic.
- It’s of Oregano.
- You need of Cumin.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Bbq sauce (I prefer to avoid smokey tasting ones for this).
- It’s of Sweet chilli sauce.
- It’s of Honey.
- You need of Sesame seeds (garnish).
Good old ketchup, Honey Mustard Sauce or BBQ Sauce is a perfect pairing. You can also serve these with SWEET CHILLI SAUCE or Creamy AVOCADO DIP for a change. Mix together Amoy Thai Sweet Chilli sauce, Amoy Reduced Salt Soy Sauce and ground ginger. Cut three slashes into each chicken breast and place on a lined baking tray.
Baked Sweet Chilli Chicken Nuggets step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Let chicken get to room temp (cooks better if not cold)..
- Prep 3 bases. Mix flour and dry seasonings in 1 plate (except bread crumbs and sesame seeds). I typically do about 1 tsp of each or to taste. Dry mixture is also up to you, be creative in what you add! In a separate plate, place breadcrumbs. In a 3rd plate, beat eggs. Set these all aside..
- Pat dry any excess water that may be on the chicken. Cut chicken to 1 inch cubes or less. I prefer removing any fat or skin in this recipe..
- Mix chicken into flour mix, then egg mix, and finally bread crumb mix and set aside. Between each plate pat off any excess ingredients. This is the most time consuming part, but avoid dumping all the chicken into the flour at once. Doing so makes it difficult to control the amount of ingredients put on each piece. Patience is key! Set chicken on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil..
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes..
- In a large wok or pan mix sauces and honey on a low heat. It's up to you to decide the ratio of sauces to control the taste. I love sweet chilli sauce so I tend to add more of that. The amount also depends on the amount of chicken being made..
- Mix cooked chicken into wok and mix the sauce evenly on the chicken. Garnish if desired and serve..
This baked sweet chilli chicken thighs require very few ingredients and preparation, and they are delicious served with potato salad or wedges, and a simple salad. Recipe by: spacehippo Yorkshire, England, UK. Place the chicken thighs in the roasting tray then pour over the glaze. Sticky Sweet Chilli Chicken Nuggets Another fantastic Meat Free Monday recipe and this one is not only super quick but super tasty too. I have made this vegetarian by using Quorn Chicken nuggets but you can use any chicken nuggets you like to suit what your family likes.