Chicken Saltimbocca. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Check Out Chicken on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Chicken saltimbocca – thin escalopes of chicken fillet layered with sage leaves, parmesan and prosciutto ham.
Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. This recipe shows you how quick and easy chicken saltimbocca is to make and there's also some extra zing from a lemon butter dressing. Remove recipe Save recipe Save Remove recipe Save recipe Print Rate. You can have Chicken Saltimbocca using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Saltimbocca
- You need 4 of to 6 chicken breast filets.
- It’s 1 of fresh or frozen spinach (if frozen then thaw before prep).
- It’s 4 of to 6 slices of prosciutto (1 for each filet).
- You need 1 of fresh mozzarella (sliced) or grated fresh parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of several toothpicks.
- It’s 1 cup of red pasta sauce **see Basic Sauce Recipe**.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 of juice of 1/2 – 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 of flour (approx 1/4 cup…optional).
- Prepare 1 of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (enough to coat pan well).
Salt and pepper both side of the chicken cutlets. Press the prosciutto into the chicken. Place a sage leaf on top of each piece of prosciutto and then secure it into the piece of chicken with a toothpick. "Saltimbocca is thought to have been invented in Brescia, where the name loosely translates as 'jump in the mouth' – so you can be confident that it will taste great and the people you cook it for won't be able to eat it fast enough. Chicken saltimbocca is wonderful with a side of your favorite greens, broccoli, asparagus, potatoes, a salad, risotto or whatever your heart desires.
Chicken Saltimbocca instructions
- Filet chicken breasts or buy it already filetted. Trim fat off and pound flat. Salt and pepper both sides..
- Add spinach then prosciutto then cheese. Roll tightly from bottom to top and toothpick to hold in place..
- Roll each chicken in flour..
- in a deep frying pan heat oil at med-hi. Sear chicken on each side briefly. (1-2 min each side).
- Add sauce, stock, and lemon juice to chicken. Bring to a boil briefly and then lower temperature to simmer and cover for 15-20 min. Turn each chicken over and simmer for another 15-20 min.
- Plate and spoon sauce over chicken. Enjoy!.
- **NOTE** top with extra parm cheese and serve with rice or pasta or alongside grilled asparagus..
I was lucky to find these pencil thin asparagus which I threw into my sauce for a couple of minutes to tender up and I also made a side of mashed cauliflower. It turned out to be the perfect midweek dinner and the leftovers were just as good the. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken cutlets flat on the work surface. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.