Crazy Vanilla Cake. Crazy Vanilla Cake When faced with scarcity of certain foods, households had to use what they had as a substitute for certain ingredients without sacrificing the flavour. As mentioned before, this cake is made without eggs, butter and milk, using white vinegar, oil, water and vanilla extract as the wet ingredients. In a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together butter spread and confectioners sugar.
Crazy Cake is also know as Depression Cake and Wacky Cake. These awesome, super easy and delicious cakes have no eggs, milk or butter, you don't even need a bowl, simply mix everything right in the baking dish! These cakes are budget friendly, perfect for family and friends with egg or dairy allergies or if they are vegan. You can have Crazy Vanilla Cake using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crazy Vanilla Cake
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE VANILLA CRAZY CAKE All-purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, pure vanilla extract, vegetable oil (or canola), white vinegar (or apple cider vinegar) and water. HOW TO MAKE VANILLA CRAZY CAKE (NO EGGS, MILK OR BUTTER) This vanilla cake is the result of bringing together the best of Japanese sponge cakes and Western butter based cakes. It has the world renowned very soft, fluffy crumb of Japanese cakes and uses the Japanese baking method, combined with the buttery goodness and sweetness of Western cakes. Using electric beaters or a tabletop mixer, beat the butter, sugar, vanilla and ¼ tsp salt together until pale and fluffy, then pour in the eggs, one at a time, giving the mix a really good beating before adding the next.
Crazy Vanilla Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a greased 8" square or round..
- Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients – two small and one large. Pour the vinegar and vanilla in each of the two smaller depressions, and the vegetable oil in the large one..
- Pour water over the entire thing and mix until smooth..
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Let it cool then top with your favorite frosting and ENJOY!.
Makes yummy traditional style cakes, easily adaptable. Ltd. is one of the leading manufacturers of bakery products such as breads, buns, rusk, cookies etc. and now entering a new segment of products with layer cakes and cupcakes. How to make crazy cake Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Make a well (a deep indentation) in the middle and pour in water, vegetable oil, vanilla, and vinegar This vanilla crazy cake is a breeze to make, and you barely need any ingredients. You don't have to make a cake with TONS of ingredients and fancy frostings to be impressive.