Really Good Scalloped Potatoes. Stock tools & supplies for your garden. Free UK delivery on eligible orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Instructions to make Really Good Scalloped Potatoes: Slice your potatoes on a mandolin. They should be a little thicker than a quarter. With a microplane, peel and grate the garlic clove into the bowl. You can cook Really Good Scalloped Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Really Good Scalloped Potatoes
- You need 1 qt of sliced medium yellow potatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 oz of comte cheese.
- You need 1 dash of smoked paprika.
In a small casserole dish, arrange the potato slices neatly to form a layer. Pour in a little bit of. Slice the potatoes very thin, ⅛th of an inch. Great recipe for Really Good Scalloped Potatoes.
Really Good Scalloped Potatoes instructions
- Slice your potatoes on a mandolin. They should be a little thicker than a quarter..
- Add cream, salt, and pepper. With a microplane, peel and grate the garlic clove into the bowl. Mix well..
- In a small casserole dish, arrange the potato slices neatly to form a layer. Pour in a little bit of cream, just enough to coat the potatoes. Grate some of the cheese over the layer as well. Repeat until you've used up all of the potatoes. On the top layer, add a sprinkling of paprika. NOTE: I used an 8.5"x 5.5" casserole dish. If you use a larger dish, you can either double the recipe or bake for less time..
- Cover in foil and bake for 30 minutes..
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes..
- At this point, you should be getting close, but you may need to bake a little longer. The dish is ready when the cream has reduced so that it can not be seen sloshing around in the dish, and there are only intermittent bubbles. You should have a nice bit of golden crust as you see in the main photo..
They're usually kinda runny, and the potato slices are really thick. But, we had a bag of potatoes laying around and fashioned them into this nice New Years side dish to go with a big steak. Homemade Scalloped Potatoes are on of my favorite side dishes! This recipe is loaded with fresh garlic, thyme, cheddar cheese and an amazing cream sauce. It's all layered with thinly sliced tender russet potatoes.