Pork Rib in Thai Curry. Order your usual or discover new Thai dishes – Tom Yum, Thai Curry, Laab and many more. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Remove from the wok and set aside on a towel-lined plate. Add the prepared paste to the saucepan along with one teaspoon of salt, the sugar, and just enough water to cover the ribs. The level of the water should come up about half an inch above the meat. You can have Pork Rib in Thai Curry using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork Rib in Thai Curry
- It’s of Pork Rib (Cut into bite sizes).
- It’s of Paste—.
- You need of Dried chilies.
- You need of Galangal.
- You need of Garlic.
- It’s of Cumin Seeds.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Coriander Seeds.
- Prepare of Coriander Root.
- You need of Shallots.
- You need of Lemongrass.
- Prepare of Shrimp paste.
- You need Leaves of Kaffir Lime.
Cover the saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. In a wok, roast the cumin seeds and coriander seeds. When done, add them to the mortar or blender with other ingredients. Unlike many southern Thai curries, this one uses a broth reduction instead of coconut milk to thicken the sauce.
Pork Rib in Thai Curry instructions
- Soak the dried chillies in water until soften..
- In a wok, roast the cumin seeds and coriander seeds. When done, add them to the mortar or blender with other ingredients. Add 2 cups of water to ease the blending..
- In a big pot, add the paste..
- Bring to boil. Add pork ribs in..
- Cook for an hour (don't lower the heat, keep it medium heat and do not cover the lid). It's for the water to evaporate and turn into thicker sauce..
- About half way, add kaffir lime leaves in..
- Add little sugar to reduce the spicy level..
- Add salt to taste.
- Add more water if it gets drier so the meat can gets tender. But eventually we want the water be evaporated and form the thicker gravy..
- Test if the meat is soft enough by fork in the meat. Once it’s done n not too watery then ready to serve..
The recipe given makes more curry paste than you need for one meal. This pork rib curry looks delicious! It is good stuff, bit hot for my tummy though. Thai curries are very easy to make. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam.