Mom's Famous Meatloaf. Line glass cake pan with tin foil. This was a lovely surprise as I wanted to do something different with Mincemeat as my husband always asks for cottage pie which gets boring so was looking forward to trying meatloaf as never made. This recipe was easy to follow and had a sweetness about it.
My mom is in town visiting for the week and she made her famous meatloaf for us and it so delicious and super easy to make! It is just as easy as my meatball recipe. You can definitely switch out the spices if you prefer different ones, but these are really yummy! You can have Mom's Famous Meatloaf using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mom's Famous Meatloaf
- You need of lean ground beef.
- You need of breadcrumbs OR oats (the oats do not alter taste and add fiber).
- Prepare of egg.
- You need of ketchup.
- It’s of light brown sugar.
- Prepare of dry mustard.
- You need of Good Seasons Italian Dressing and Recipe Mix (in the salad dressing aisle in store).
Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. However, rest assured and don't wait any longer to try this recipe! My husband absolutley LOVED everything about this meatloaf!!! The only modification I made, out of necessity, was onion powder in place of an onion and ground mustard seeds for the dill.
Mom's Famous Meatloaf step by step
- Place 1/2 cup of ketchup and egg in a baking pan (about 9×11 sized, but at least 2 or 3 inches deep!)Mix with fork, then add one package of the Good Seasons Italian mix and stir with fork..
- Add one cup of breadcrumbs or oatmeal and stir with fork until the crumbs or oats are wet..
- Add beef to mixture, taking care to knead and squish with hands until mixture has been mixed in evenly with the ground beef..
- Shape meatloaf by pressing firmly with hands into the bottom of pan, until it takes up the whole baking pan and is flat on the top..
- *FOR THE SAUCE: In a small bowl, mix dry mustard, brown sugar, and 1 to 2 cups of ketchup, stirring until smooth. Amount of ketchup depends on how much sauce you want. We always opt for more sauce! Also, you can decrease the amount of brown sugar, if desired..
- Pour sauce on top of meatloaf, spreading into an even layer with a spoon..
- Place in oven, UNcovered, at 350°F farenheit, for one hour. Cut into pieces and serve!.
- *NOTE: If you do have leftovers, they make GREAT sandwiches! Just place cold pieces of meatloaf on bread slices with a tiny bit of mayonaise and enjoy!.
In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef and bacon. In a separate bowl combine eggs, chili sauce, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley and mix until ingredients are well combined. Add egg mixture to the ground beef mixture. For the meatloaf: Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat lightly with oil. Heat the vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet.