Oats Crusted Cheesy Baked Chicken Nuggets. Low Prices on Chicken Nuggets Great recipe for Oats Crusted Cheesy Baked Chicken Nuggets. #oven I used a convection microwave oven to bake the nuggets, but you can surely use a regular oven keeping in mind that every oven has a different power setting, so cooking time may vary accordingly Cut chicken breasts into strips. Roll chicken in egg white and then coat well with oats. Place chicken strips on the prepared baking sheet, then coat them with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, salt,. Clean chicken tenderloins and cut into bite size nugget pieces. Coat chicken in flour, dip into the beaten eggs, and then bread with Cheez-It Crunch'd breading. You can cook Oats Crusted Cheesy Baked Chicken Nuggets using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oats Crusted Cheesy Baked Chicken Nuggets
- It’s of boneless chicken pieces.
- It’s of garlic butter (for the nugget mixture).
- Prepare of garlic butter (for basting the nuggets).
- It’s of piri piri spice mix (for the nugget mixture).
- Prepare of piri piri spice mix (for finishing the dish).
- You need of black pepper powder (for the nugget mixture).
- Prepare of black pepper powder (for the egg mixture).
- You need of oregano.
- Prepare of chopped parsley leaves.
- Prepare of grated mozzarella cheese (for the nugget mixture).
- It’s of grated mozzarella cheese (for finishing the dish).
- You need of instant oats.
- It’s of cornflour.
- It’s of egg.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of mayonnaise.
- It’s of tomato ketchup.
Add the oats, paprika, oregano and garlic powder to a food processor and blitz until the oats have been broken down to a. Add the oil and blitz again. You can also add a little salt and pepper if you like. Dip each piece of buttermilk ranch soaked chicken into the cracker crumbs, and then place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Oats Crusted Cheesy Baked Chicken Nuggets instructions
- Grind the chicken cubes along with the butter & salt into a fine paste.
- Take the chicken paste into a bowl & add the oregano, chopped parsley leaves, black pepper powder and the peri peri spice mix into the paste and mix everything very well.
- Take a small portion from the chicken mixture & flatten it in between your palms.
- Now put some mozzarella cheese onto the flatten surface & carefully tuck the loose ends to make a nugget ball. Repeat the same for all.
- Take the oats into a microwave-safe bowl & microwave the oats at high power for 1.5 minutes.
- Beat the egg along with some salt & black pepper powder.
- Now take the nugget balls one at a time, roll it into the cornflour, dip it into the egg mixture & finally roll it into the oats. Repeat the same for all.
- Now arrange the nugget balls into a greased baking tray & brush the balls with some butter.
- Then put the tray into the microwave oven that was already preheated for 8 minutes at 200°C on convection mode & then bake the nuggets at 190°C for 10 minutes.
- After 7th minute is passed, remove the tray, flip the balls & baste them with some more butter. Again put the tray inside the microwave & bake the nuggets for the remaining minutes.
- For the cocktail sauce mix the mayonnaise & ketchup together into a bowl and it is ready. When the nuggets are done sprinkle the remaining cheese, peri peri spice mix & chopped parsley from top and serve them with the cocktail sauce.
Serve with ranch dressing for dipping. In a shallow bowl whisk together the buttermilk and melted butter. Add the cut chicken nuggets into the mixture, making sure all the chicken is covered in liquid, and let sit while you prepare the chip/oat mix. Firmly press the chicken nugget into the crumb mix. Coat evenly and then place on the baking sheet.