Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics.
Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add ghee and when it gets hot, add onions. As the liquid returns to a simmer, add the drained fried Biryani rice and give it a stir once more. You can cook Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe
- It’s of basmati rice of.
- Prepare of chicken drumsticks.
- It’s of onions large sliced.
- Prepare of ginger paste.
- Prepare of garlic paste.
- Prepare of green chillies.
- Prepare of coriander leaves mint leaves each of and.
- Prepare of masala store bought Biryani (MTR or Eastern brand).
- It’s of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of ghee (clarified butter).
- Prepare of cardamom ,.
- Prepare of star anise.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- You need of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare of yogurt.
- Prepare of coconut milk.
- It’s of water.
- You need of cashew nuts.
- Prepare of Salt.
Close the pressure cooker on medium heat. Easy homestyle chicken biryani recipe using pressure cooker. This is a fail proof beginners / bachelors friendly recipe that can be made with easy to find ingredients! Cuisine: Indian, madras, south indian, tamil nadu.
Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe step by step
- First we begin by prepping a few things: Wash the rice and soak it in some water. Next grind the ginger, garlic and green chillies together. Chop and prep the other ingredients such as the chicken and onions..
- Add 1/4 cup ghee to the pressure cooker, and once it has melted through and heated add the spices: staranise, bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. Fry for a few seconds and then add the onions and continue frying over medium heat until the onions start to brown..
- Next add the ginger-garlic-chilli mix and continue frying. The biryani masala, turmeric powder and the yogurt and mix it all together..
- Add the chicken pieces and mix together and coat the chicken well with the fragrant delicious smelling masala..
- Add 6 cups of water and 2 cups of coconut milk and season with salt..
- Reduce the heat to medium low and let it cook till the chicken is cooked about 50%.
- Drain the rice and add it to the cooker along with the coriander and mint leaves..
- Check for seasoning one last time, before closing the cooker and letting it cook for 2 whistles and turn the flame off..
- While the cooker was doing its job, I fried the cashew nuts in 1/4 cup ghee :).
- Once the pressure has released, open up the cooker. I gently transfered the rice to a serving bowl and granished it with the deliciously fragrant fried cashew nuts..
- Serve with some raita and chicken 65 like I did..
Keyword: biryani, chicken biryani, how to make chicken biryani in pressure cooker, pressure. How to make Chicken Biryani in the Pressure cooker? Then layer the partially cooked rice over it. Sprinkle coriander leaves, mint leaves, and saffron milk. Pat dry chicken with paper towel, then season one side of chicken with kosher salt and black pepper.