Chicken egg drop soup. Return the broth to a simmer over medium heat. Add the chicken and simmer until cooked through,. In a small saucepan, combine the broth, ginger and garlic; bring to a boil.
Drizzle egg a little at a time from the fork into the boiling broth mixture. Once the eggs have been dropped, stir in the cornstarch mixture gradually until the soup is the desired consistency. Combine egg and egg white, stirring with a whisk until blended. You can have Chicken egg drop soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken egg drop soup
- It’s 3 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken shreds from stock.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- It’s 1 of spring onion greens.
- It’s 1 tsp of oil/butter.
- You need 1 tsp of cornflour.
- You need 1 pinch of turmeric.
Slowly add egg mixture to soup, stirring gently. Add the butter and once it's melted, add the onions, carrots and celery with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir the chicken into the vegetables. Transfer the chicken to a plate and let cool to warm, then shred the chicken.
Chicken egg drop soup step by step
- Heat oil in a wok/pan… add a pinch of salt to the oil n add the chicken shreds to it… saute for 2 -3mins n then take it out on a plate.
- Add the chicken stock to the same pan…let it boil… meanwhile make a cornflour slurry add a pinch of turmeric to it n add this to the boiling stock… lower the flame.
- Beat eggs in a bowl n gently pour the eggs from a height to the stock.. let it set for 1 min then gently stir till u get the egg drop texture… add salt n pepper n shredded chicken fried to it… stir n bring to boil…garnish with some spring onion green n serve hot..
Marion's Kitchen is packed with simple and delicious Asian recipes and food ideas. CHICKEN EGG DROP SOUP INGREDIENTS: high-quality chicken: it doesn't matter if you buy wings, drums or legs because you'll scrape the meat off the bones. If you adjust the recipe accordingly, you can also use a whole chicken. one onion: finely chopped and fried until translucent one carrot: shredded and fried with the onion spinach: I used frozen spinach, but you can also use fresh spinach Chicken Corn Egg Drop Soup is a Cantonese favorite, especially among Hong Kong-ers and has made its way into most Chinese takeout restaurant menus. They key to this egg drop soup is the added flavor of sweet corn. Egg Drop Soup is a healthy Chinese broth based soup made with eggs, chicken broth, cornstarch, and green onions.