Chastain's Salisbury Steak. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Check Out Steak. Check Out Great Products On eBay. Here is how you cook it.
I always make enough extra sauce to serve over potatoes. Salisbury steak is a classic American comfort food. This basic version is quick and easy to assemble thanks to the use of prepared golden mushroom soup. You can cook Chastain's Salisbury Steak using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chastain's Salisbury Steak
- You need 1 lb of ground hamburger meat.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- You need 2 can of campbells beefy mushroom soup.
Here is how you can achieve it. Treat your family to Ree Drummond's Salisbury Steak recipe from The Pioneer Woman on Food Network; smother the beef patties in gravy for a rib-sticking meal. This recipe is so good that I truly enjoy sharing it with others. I've always liked Salisbury steak, but I had to search a long time to find a recipe this tasty.
Chastain's Salisbury Steak instructions
- Combine meat, egg, breadcrumbs.
- Dice or slice onion and combine that also..
- Pat out as many patties as you want.
- Warm up your skillet, add a little veggie oil if your meat is really lean..
- Throw the patties into the pan and cook them for a few minutes on each side, you want to brown them but don't worry about cooking them all the way through yet..
- Pull the patties out and set them aside for a minute..
- Now turn your heat down and throw your onions and mushrooms into the pan and cook those up. Damn these smell good..
- Once the mushrooms and onions are cooked add the two cans of soup and the burger patties back into the pan. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or however long it takes to finish cooking the meat!.
- Eat it with your face..
Classic Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy! Shut up and eat this Salisbury steak is a dish, originating in the United States, made from a blend of ground beef and other ingredients and usually served with gravy or brown sauce. It is a version of Hamburg steak. Salisbury steak is ground beef combined with seasonings and binders to create oval patties. The meat cooks similar to traditional steaks by searing in a hot skillet until a flavorful crust forms.